I go into my media player and select "recieve using bluetooth" and then send a file from my mac using Bluetooth File Exchange. It always fails to send mp3s but I have successfully sent a jpeg file. The two devices are connected. Any ideas?
    09-26-07 06:57 PM
    You need to physically go into where it is you want to save it, so if it's a ringtone, go into the ringtones folder, then click on "recieve using bluetooth"
    09-27-07 01:51 AM
    every time I receive an mp3 it only allows me to put it in the preloaded ringtones file... any other ideas?
    09-28-07 11:05 AM
    every time I receive an mp3 it only allows me to put it in the preloaded ringtones file... any other ideas?
    Same thing happened to me, I sent an MP3 to Blackberry using bluetooth and it went straight into pre-loaded ringtones. If you send an MP3 from your computer to the Blackberry using the USB cable you can decide where you want to put your MP3 or you could buy a data card...I just ordered a 2gb micro sd card from Amazon so I can stash all my sounds on it.
    09-30-07 09:55 AM
    My Pearl won't mount on my desktop, and if I start a BT transfer from the Pearl and then send an mp3 file from my MacBook, I always get a "transfer failed" message. Pics transfer fine. This is a big pain. I wish RIM would fix this issue with the Pearls and Leopard!
    05-27-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD