Hi

every time I attempt to send a file from my BB Bold to my computer, I get the error message "failed to find service"

I have paired with the computer successfully and I can send from the computer to the BB Bold. However I can not send from the BB Bold to the computer.

Any ideas??

thanks
    04-06-09 03:28 PM
    How are you sending? I initiate a Bluetooth file transfer from the Bold to my computer by right-clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the Windows taskbar, selecting Receive File via Bluetooth, then going to the file on the Bold, hitting the BB key, and selecting Send File via Bluetooth.
    04-06-09 03:42 PM
    How are you sending? I initiate a Bluetooth file transfer from the Bold to my computer by right-clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the Windows taskbar, selecting Receive File via Bluetooth, then going to the file on the Bold, hitting the BB key, and selecting Send File via Bluetooth.
    Yes exactly. It always works when initiating from the receiving device. Same if you were to send from PC to BB. Initiate the transfer on the BB.
    04-06-09 03:56 PM
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Thanks to both of you!!

jasguild
    04-06-09 04:12 PM
    i had this trouble on curve 8310 and you post solved it. I think Bluetooth needs to get rid of these hurdles before it can be used simply and easily by a wide variety of users.
    10-23-09 01:38 PM
    what if i want to send it from the computer- the phone how would i do it?
    02-19-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD