Hi there,

I have a user who accidentally wiped his Blackberry Tour (Verizon). We got him reactivated on our BES but not all his Saved Email Messages made it back - they only go back to April of this year.

I have a backup of his Blackberry from a couple months ago that has many more Saved Email Messages. The database has more Records in it than currently on his Blackberry. However, I cannot restore this database because it is greyed out (I'm in the Advanced Backup & Restore menu in DM).

I tried deleting the Desktop(SYNC) service book, which un-greyed a great deal of databases but not the Saved Email Messages. It seems silly that I have a valid backup of this database but cannot restore from it, despite being able to restore almost every other database. Can anyone help?
    11-25-09 01:29 PM
    Bumping for the holiday weekend.. Haven't found any answers while searching the web, unfortunately.
    11-30-09 08:20 AM
    Any luck from anyone on this? I'm having the same issue.
    12-18-09 10:19 AM
    Yes, I'm having this problem too. I had to wipe by BB Storm because the dial pad wasn't working (that's another issue). After wiping, if I do a complete restore from my back up, I get the emails back. But I also get the dial pad problem back. So I'm concluding that there's something in my back-ups that's causing the dial pad problem. Obvious solution is to restore things one at a time to try to find the culprit. But when I do that, I can't find a way to restore the e-mails. Where the heck are they? Is there a way to selectively restore them, without doing the complete restore?
    02-07-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD