OK... so I got a new Sprint 8830WE from my company and got it set up on their BES server. I want to remove the "Sent from my Blackberry Wireless Handheld" default signature and for some reason I can't. I know how to do it... Menu Button, Options, Email Settings, choose Desktop under Message Services and turn off Use Auto Signature... the thing is... even with it set to No I still get the signature. I've also tried leaving it on and changing the signature, but I still get the default signature.

Is this one of the settings that can be forced on on the BES side? If that's the case, would it still let me turn it off or would it be locked on? It does let me change the setting to Off and it lets me change the signature, and it retains those settings... it just ignores them when I send email I can't imagine why my company would force everyone to that default signature.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Brett
    03-07-08 10:34 PM
    My company has a pretty rigid IT policy and I have had no issues. I know when you change your bb signature it may take a few minutes. Typically if I change the sign through the email options, I confirm it and do a battery pull. I would be surprised that any company would encourage "sent .....bb..". So starting off simple, did you change the signature on your bb, save, and do a battery pull?

Also, as a interim fix you can set up an autotext signature. It would not get rid the "sent" stuff, but it would give you some control.
    03-08-08 05:35 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I had tried to change the settings and confirm without the battery pull, but I just tried it with the battery pull and it still didn't help.

As near as I can tell, my company's IT policy is pretty relaxed... I haven't discovered any restrictions yet, and I've installed new programs and set up a personal BIS email account. I can't imagine that this would be the one thing they decide to restrict. I'll talk to the IT guys on Monday... I'm beginning to wonder if someone accidently restricted it or something. Does anyone know if this is what I would see if there was a restriction in place? - It lets me change it and it saves my changes... it just doesn't use the signature I enter.

Thanks again,
    Brett
    03-08-08 07:33 AM
    OK... so I got a new Sprint 8830WE from my company and got it set up on their BES server. I want to remove the "Sent from my Blackberry Wireless Handheld" default signature and for some reason I can't. I know how to do it... Menu Button, Options, Email Settings, choose Desktop under Message Services and turn off Use Auto Signature... the thing is... even with it set to No I still get the signature. I've also tried leaving it on and changing the signature, but I still get the default signature.

Is this one of the settings that can be forced on on the BES side? If that's the case, would it still let me turn it off or would it be locked on? It does let me change the setting to Off and it lets me change the signature, and it retains those settings... it just ignores them when I send email I can't imagine why my company would force everyone to that default signature.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Brett

ON BES, almost every setting is controlled by your IT manager. It depend on the company policy on how much freedom that it "grants" its user to make any changes.

So you need to ask your IT guy.

.....I would be surprised that any company would encourage "sent .....bb..".
    Lush, you will be surprise.
    03-08-08 07:34 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my bis. Even after deleting the signature and saving changes on the bis website, I still get the default mesage everytime I post on this CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-08 08:49 AM
    OK... I don't get it. The signature is working now. The last time I tried to change it was yesterday morning. After numerous testing and battery pulling and turning the signature on and off on Friday evening and Saturday morning I finally just gave up. I sent several emails yesterday and today and the default signature was on all of them. Then, just a few minutes ago I wanted to check something on my other email account, so I sent a message from my BES account to my BIS account... when I opened the email on my BIS account I was amazed to see my custom signature on it. I have no idea why it just started to work like that, but I'm happy now, at least.

Thanks,
    Brett
    03-09-08 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD