Over the past few months, my Blackberry has "purse dialed" 911 several times, at other times I've taken out the phone and it was one click away from calling 911 again. Previous to the start of this issue, I locked my phone. Suggestions were then made to put it on standby instead of locking it. I've done that and it's still calling 911.

Although I feel I carry a nice purse and accommodate my phone by not making the purse a second hall closet, it's just not happy and thinks it's in a state of emergency. All attempts to talk it "off the ledge" have failed, so I am going to need a more technical solution. Have any of you found one?
    10-06-12 11:57 PM
    Don't you lock the screen before putting your phone in your purse? I have never almost purse dialed anyone so other than locking your screen I have no idea. .

Good luck!
    10-07-12 06:51 AM
    If it is that much of an issue turn it off when it goes into your purse. And no I don't care that you will miss calls because your phone ties up emergency services that save lives and prevent crime.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-07-12 07:02 AM
    If it is that much of an issue turn it off when it goes into your purse. And no I don't care that you will miss calls because your phone ties up emergency services that save lives and prevent crime.
    What a nice guy.

Geesh...

Just use the lock button and your issue is solved
    You can also set it to lock after 5 min of idle time.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    10-07-12 08:24 AM
    The only way to prevent accidental emergency dialing is to use a leather pouch, the sleeper magnet freezes the screen and all buttons except volume and pause buttons.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    10-07-12 08:43 AM
    The lock screen or even password lock doesn't stop an emergency dialing. One day this feature could save your life. You can even dial it if you have all connections off/airplane mode.
    10-07-12 08:48 AM