I can't hold down my alt or shift key and type letters at the same time (the letters don't show up). Also, the it takes many tries pressing the star and call button to unlock my keypad. I've reset my blackberry and still have this problem. Any ideas?
    03-02-10 06:46 PM
    I can't hold down my alt or shift key and type letters at the same time (the letters don't show up). Also, the it takes many tries pressing the star and call button to unlock my keypad. I've reset my blackberry and still have this problem. Any ideas?
    Maybe time for a new one

how old is your phone, its possible that this is normal wear and tear
    03-02-10 06:51 PM
    My tour started to do that after I had open the phone to change the bezel. Ask for a remplacement.
    03-02-10 06:57 PM
    that pressing two buttons at once is crucial for any user, better get it checked out.
    03-02-10 07:29 PM
    it's not that I can't physically press them down together, the letters just dont show up when I do. I've had it for over a year and its most likely out of warranty? *sigh* is there anything else I can try?
    03-04-10 10:50 PM
    Why are you needing to press them at the same time?
    03-05-10 05:50 AM
    When you say you "reset" your phone, do you mean you pulled the battery?

Sounds like a possible memory issue because, if I understood you correctly, it takes a moment for the buttons to register when unlocking the phone.

You may only need a new keyboard. I believe the 83xx keyboards are not too expensive.
    03-05-10 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD