When I try to open my camera I get an error that says the camera cannot be open at this time try closing all other applications and try again later. I've tried everything! Help!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 09:31 PM
    so sorry, I've no idea on this.
    12-07-09 01:39 AM
    Have you closed your open apps as suggested? Too many apps running in the background will cause this. To properly close apps you must use the menu key and the choose close or exit. Just hitting the end key does not close them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 09:27 AM
    IMO some app is conflicting with the camera; try closing all other apps as suggested by the OS.
    12-07-09 10:33 AM
    amam, Do you have a memory card installed in your device, If you make sure all pictures are placed on memory card and not device memory. On your application screen of your phone hit the blackberry key and go to switch application, you should only have five apps that are always running, the remainder close, apps that cannot be closed. phone, web, messages, home screen, and myfaves on my phone. if you close all other apps and you still cannot open camera. back up your device to blackberry desktop manager. and than wipe your device. and than restore all your data. cheers
    12-07-09 10:41 AM
    This is a known problem, but not one that RIM seems to care much about. If you are lucky, you can try pushing in on the camera lens (the sorta soft part around the lens) with a pencil eraser or something not terribly hard. In rare instances, this will "re-seat" the camera. Do a battery pull after.

Most likely, you will not be able to fix this at all. It has nothing to do with memory. It has nothing to do with memory cards. I have the same issue and have tried every fix on every thread on this topic (and there are quite a few if you google it). If your phone is under warranty, have it replaced. If not, you are out of luck. This is some kind of hardware failure, or a software glitch - it's happened to enough of 83XX phones that RIM should have done something about it, but instead they are being kinda Apple-y about it.
    12-21-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD