So Guys i have got my Phone like from one month or something like that , its 9900 , 7.1.0.205 , i have got everything updated , the Problem is i Can't open App world , Facebook , Twitter , Blackberry Protect , many many more WITHOUT Wi-Fi !! But i've Capital EDGE also i have BBM works fine , MSN , Yahoo messenger , Facebook Chat , Google Talk , they just Work fine ...

i have Full Data plan as i have went to my Secondary Service Provider store and they told me i have Full Data plan , they told me to go to the Main Store for maintenance , So i know most of you would say ok then ,, Go there !

The Problem is that its not just my problem its Everyone problem BUT my Friend just bought 9790 two days ago and he just opened App world just easily without any problems occurred ! but he couldn't open Facebook or Twitter almost like me

So is there's Something i don't know about ? i've searched mostly everywhere for a way but the problem that most of Topics Talk about how to Open App world WITH Wi-Fi -.-"

Any Help please ? just to be a Good Blackberry User without iPhone and Android users Barging on my Face -.-" ?
    Thanks
    02-09-12 04:53 AM
    The most obvious question is Do you have wifi switched on and working? Check your service status
    02-09-12 06:25 AM
    I am running OS 6 on a 9700. I can access with or without wi-fi. Assuming it isn't a limitation of OS 7, my next question would be to ask is your data plan a BlackBerry data plan (with BIS or BES)?

I find myself feeling annoyed because I cannot access App World without wi-fi on my Playbook. But my 9700? No issue whatsoever.

Anyway, maybe some OS 7 users will chime in. But I do understand your frustration, considering I am experiencing the same with my Playbook.
    02-09-12 06:45 AM
    i'm right now at my service provider main store and the problem still there , no clue about any of that , i find that funny too :/ , but i guess i have full BIS or BES data plan but STILL having this problem ,,
    02-09-12 09:09 AM
    is wifi working correctly? Can you pick up a network?
    02-09-12 09:12 AM
    is wifi working correctly? Can you pick up a network?
    The OP said he can't open the apps WITHOUT WiFi so I would imagine that WiFi is working.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-09-12 09:24 AM
    You say you have "full data plan", but does that include BIS?

Do you have the 4 little dots next to EDGE? If not then you don't have a BIS(blackberry internet service) and your carrier would have to switch you over to a BIS plan. IF you do then I have no idea.
    02-09-12 09:41 AM
    misread post ooops
    02-09-12 10:52 AM
    So Guys i have got my Phone like from one month or something like that , its 9900 , 7.1.0.205 , i have got everything updated , the Problem is i Can't open App world , Facebook , Twitter , Blackberry Protect , many many more WITHOUT Wi-Fi !! But i've Capital EDGE also i have BBM works fine , MSN , Yahoo messenger , Facebook Chat , Google Talk , they just Work fine ...

i have Full Data plan as i have went to my Secondary Service Provider store and they told me i have Full Data plan , they told me to go to the Main Store for maintenance , So i know most of you would say ok then ,, Go there !

The Problem is that its not just my problem its Everyone problem BUT my Friend just bought 9790 two days ago and he just opened App world just easily without any problems occurred ! but he couldn't open Facebook or Twitter almost like me

So is there's Something i don't know about ? i've searched mostly everywhere for a way but the problem that most of Topics Talk about how to Open App world WITH Wi-Fi -.-"

Any Help please ? just to be a Good Blackberry User without iPhone and Android users Barging on my Face -.-" ?
    Thanks
    You've logged in with your Blackberry ID? You're certain the store transferred your old BIS plan to the new phone? It sounds like the answer to one or both of those questions is "no". On OS7, you only need to input the Blackberry ID info once (although, for your own protection, AppWorld and Protect will require log-ins.), but that info does have to be there. Also, the apps you mention all require a Blackberry connection, not just a data plan. They may be saying that you have a full data plan that can be used on any phone (iPhone & Android included) when what you need and want is that plus Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) included. Just a thought. The latter is something Customer Service should be able to fix over the phone.
    Last edited by kraski; 02-09-12 at 01:46 PM.
    02-09-12 01:43 PM
    Well i sent a Report and called one of the agents that works for my career and i found that my Country actually Likely Blocking the Plan or something like that , i Live in Saudi Arabia and the problem that ALL the career have the same problem , the only thing im really Cruise about is how 9790 actually OPENS it while ALL the older devices couldn't , It drives me crazy ! :S
    02-10-12 06:43 AM
    You say you have "full data plan", but does that include BIS?

Do you have the 4 little dots next to EDGE? If not then you don't have a BIS(blackberry internet service) and your carrier would have to switch you over to a BIS plan. IF you do then I have no idea.
    i don't see any 4 DOTS :S , but as i know i have BIS : Black Berry Internet
    02-10-12 06:45 AM
    The easiest way is to change your sim card with your friend sim card who use bb. if you can open app world with his sim card then it may be your sim card's bis has not been activated yet.

I noticed when my signal is GPRs and the bb symbol did not appear, I can't access app world too.
    02-10-12 07:35 AM
    The easiest way is to change your sim card with your friend sim card who use bb. if you can open app world with his sim card then it may be your sim card's bis has not been activated yet.

I noticed when my signal is GPRs and the bb symbol did not appear, I can't access app world too.
    The problem is that i'm not the only one :| , most of the people are the same as me EXCEPT the ones who own 9790 dunno why ..
    02-10-12 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD