My BlackBerry is not letting me send a BB Messenger invite to a contact in my Address Book that has a BlackBerry. It will let me send invites to some contacts and not to others. It will even let me send BB Messenger invites to people in my Address Book that don't have BlackBerries. Anyone have any ideas on why it won't let me send Messenger invites to BB users?
    06-08-08 02:48 PM
    Do you have their PINs entered in your address book? If you don't have their PIN entered in the address book you can't add them to BB Messenger.

You can add their PIN by going into your 'Address Book' or you can do it when you are browsing your Address Book through BB Messenger.
    06-08-08 02:52 PM
    If you don't have their pin in your adress book, go to add contact. When the address book pops up, make sure you're at the top of the screen and open your menu while use once is hilighted. Then select request by pin and enter their pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 03:34 PM
    Chances are it's allowing you to add those people whose e-mail addresses you have added. You can add contacts by both e-mail and PIN, though PIN is much more reliable. Be sure to put those in your address book as Banker says, makes PIN messaging much easier.
    06-08-08 05:07 PM
    To add a contact in BB messenger
    first go to BB messenger, click on contacts, then go click on the menu button. Go to add a contact. then scroll to the top of the page until "use once" is highlighted. Type in the name of the person you want to invite to BB messenger. Click on the center scroll button. It will prompt you to send an invite to the person. Once they respond your done.
    07-25-08 12:15 AM
    My BlackBerry is not letting me send a BB Messenger invite to a contact in my Address Book that has a BlackBerry. It will let me send invites to some contacts and not to others. It will even let me send BB Messenger invites to people in my Address Book that don't have BlackBerries. Anyone have any ideas on why it won't let me send Messenger invites to BB users?
    To add a contact in BB messenger
    first go to BB messenger, click on contacts, then go click on the menu button. Go to add a contact. then scroll to the top of the page until "use once" is highlighted. Type in the name of the person you want to invite to BB messenger. Click on the center scroll button. It will prompt you to send an invite to the person. Once they respond your done
    07-25-08 12:17 AM
    What's funny is I have 3 contacts (still newbie) and I have none of their pins. I just sent them requests to join, they replied back, and we were off. No pins in the contact list after adding to Messenger either.

I was actually a little confused if I was using the same pin messenger everyone else was for a while.
    07-25-08 08:51 AM
    Like the post above says....you can also add by email not just PIN. If you had their email added into their contact, it would have requested by that.
    07-25-08 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD