Hi everyone, quick probably noobish problem, this is my first blackberry , but i'm confused as all heck here, i've downloaded a .jad theme to my phone, the download goes seamlessly, and says the app has been sucessfully installed, but it's nowhere to be found in my "themes" in options or anywhere on my media card or onboard memory, anyone know why this is happening?
    03-02-09 06:12 PM
    do you remember where you saved it?
    03-02-09 06:30 PM
    i didn't get an option where to save it, unless im supposed to do that in my browser, it just downloaded.
    03-02-09 06:31 PM
    If you downloaded ot directly to your BB it needed to be an OTA (Over The Air) download. Anything that isn't OTA needs to be downloaded woth your Desktop Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 06:48 PM
    it is ota, i emailed the link to myself and tried to download, said download was completed and installed but i can't find it anywhere on my phone ;(
    03-02-09 06:59 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull. If its not that are you sure its for your exact device and OS? OTA should install itself and you should be able to see it in your themes.
    03-02-09 07:04 PM
    i know nothing about blackberrys, i'm assuming just removing the battery? yes, i've tried that, and yes, i got it on the forums here and i'm using OS 4.5 just like it says to.
    03-03-09 09:46 AM
    First which browser did you use when you clicked on the link? Can you post the link or pm it to me so I can take a look at it. You can only do over the air installations via the blackberry browser, try switching to blackberry emulation mode. Once in browser press the blackberry button then go to options > browser and scroll to emulation mode click on it and select blackberry.
    03-03-09 10:45 AM
    Does the theme show up in the applications list? Options > Advanced Options > Applications. If so, click on it and see if it lists device and OS information like this:
    Attachment 15751

Most likely the theme is not designed for your device and/or OS. That's why it doesn't show up in the list of themes.
    03-03-09 10:56 AM
    apparently i'm only using verision 4.2 :/ i thought i updated it at home, is there anyway to update ota?
    03-03-09 11:01 AM
    No, you have to download the OS, install it in Windows and then upgrade using Desktop Manager.

Read these threads and get comfortable with the procedure before doing anything:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/
    03-03-09 11:06 AM
    awesome i guess i'll do that when i get home then, thanks everyone for the help
    03-03-09 11:08 AM
    You're welcome. Good luck.
    03-03-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD