I've downloaded the .exe from the Blackberry website several times now. When I open it, WinZip starts to do its thing, then a black square comes up with the logo.

Then the install stops

this window pops up

h t t p://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8553/asdnhi.jpg

I click ok...cos, nothing else works...and then it just exits.

The ****?!?!?!

Pretty please someone tell me what this is all about?!?!

Also, why can't I upgrade my 9300 to OS6 yet (will I ever be able to legitimately)? I'm on Vodafone in the UK.

Many many thanks!! Sorry to leech from the outset, but I'm stumped.
    09-13-11 04:32 PM
    This may be a stupid question but once WinZip unzips the main file are you "SURE" you are grabbing the .exe file and not something else. Just asking to make sure. If you are getting the right one you might wantto go to your local UK carrier andask them if the have an extra disk that they can give you with the latest DM to use to install and you would bring it back to them. Once installed you can update future updates from the DM you installed like I do.
    09-13-11 04:56 PM
    winzip leads straight to the installer. there's no option for me to click anything other than the extractor at the start, and then the ok button on that window at the end.

i might have to get a disc, pain in the neck though!!!
    09-13-11 05:41 PM
    Have tried doing it in safe mode.

Have tried older versions of the software.

Nada...

(im running XP btw)
    09-14-11 06:07 AM
    Have tried doing it in safe mode.

Have tried older versions of the software.

Nada...

(im running XP btw)
    I hate to repeat myself but I would try what I recommended above in my first answer to you since what you are doing now is not working.
    09-14-11 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD