I have the 8330 with Verizon. BB Maps works fine, but it sucks. Google Maps also works, but as we all know, it will not work with the internal GPS, but only cell triangulation, which also sucks. I know we are all still waiting for an update by Google Maps.

For some reason, I can only download Nav4all, but it will not install, giving me a "virtual keyboard" error. I posted about this before, but figured I'd throw this in again. As far as I can tell, there is only one version of Nav4all (i.e. there aren't different versions for different BB models).

Regarding Amaze GPS, I cannot even download it. A blank screen appears when I click on "Download now".

Can anybody enlighten me as to why this is happening, and suggest an alternative GPS (preferably free) that will work, and has audio turn-by-turn directions?

Thanks.
    01-06-09 09:19 AM
    Sorry, you can't use 3rd party apps for GPS with Verizon. You can only use BB maps or VZ Navigator.
    01-06-09 09:23 AM
    Well, that stinks. Maybe Google Maps will work if/when it is updated?
    01-06-09 09:28 AM
    works on my co-workers phone off and on.
    01-06-09 10:01 AM
    With sprint you have to "authorize" third party BB GPS apps though their online website, I guess Verizon is really proud of their GPS ?!?!?

Wasn't there a older version of Google maps that used GPS and later they removed it?
    01-06-09 01:32 PM
    GMM 2.3.2 will work on a Verizon phone. Set BBMaps to use the internal GPS, use the escape key to leave it running in memory, and then start up GMM. It works fine when done this way.

You did not have to do this on the prior version of GMM, but this method works 100% to get GMM working. I also use AmazeGPS 4.5 but ou do have to use an external GPS puck.
    01-06-09 02:57 PM
    Nope, this does not work for me. Google Maps still does not use the internal GPS, it uses the cellular triangulation which is not accurate.
    01-06-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD