all those apps are available for bb10.

Posted via CBX
    Ya... I wasn't quite sure where he was going with that. I know that I briefly used Facebook and instagram in the past on my bb10 typewriter. Quickly got bored and haven't used them since.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2163

Posted via CB10
    11-18-17 10:01 PM
    Ya... I wasn't quite sure where he was going with that. I know that I briefly used Facebook and instagram in the past on my bb10 typewriter. Quickly got bored and haven't used them since.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2163

Posted via CB10
    Do not get offended. Blackberry 10 is a smartphone but without apps cannot do much beyond answering to emails and messages.

Blackberry apps are just workarounds without official support. In many cases certain features are not available.

I just gave two examples. Obviously there are literally hundreds more.

If blackberry at least kept support for blackberry browser than the situation would definitely be a little bit better because many apps have web equivalent. But browser is not being updated. So it does not work well in many cases plus security is questionable.

Microsoft with all its muscle and money was not able to push through windows phone.

So how could blackberry succeed ? Time and time again we have seen that there is no room for more than two major platforms.
    11-19-17 04:56 AM
    where have you been man? blackberry was king and fumbled it. they were the original smart phone. also, why debate a bb10 without apps? half of them cant even be deleted. i only use a couple android apps, and the rest are native -thats right- bb10 apps. this thread is about trying to transition to android...and it not being a pleasant experience for those used to bb10.

Posted via CBX
    11-19-17 08:15 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2163

Posted via CB10
    I never install the Facebook app on my phones and use the saved Webpage instead. I did find a great app developer that made Lite Facebook though and it is very lightweight. I believe it may be some kind Web wrapper type app and it has Messenger built in. It uses minimal resources and battery and does not intrude on your privacy.

Same goes for Instagram and any others I deem to work as well as the app. I only use Web for Amazon, kijiji, Ebay, even the Crackberry forums on the website has been recommend by admins for the best experience. There is nothing wrong with replacing an app with a website alternative.
    11-19-17 08:27 AM
    I never install the Facebook app on my phones and use the saved Webpage instead. I did find a great app developer that made Lite Facebook though and it is very lightweight. I believe it may be some kind Web wrapper type app and it has Messenger built in. It uses minimal resources and battery and does not intrude on your privacy.

Same goes for Instagram and any others I deem to work as well as the app. I only use Web for Amazon, kijiji, Ebay, even the Crackberry forums on the website has been recommend by admins for the best experience. There is nothing wrong with replacing an app with a website alternative.
    On my Keyone, I downloaded the ESPN sports app and Kijiji second hand item sale app. I briefly used the apps but found the website to be much better so stopped using the apps. So loading apps for the sake of apps isn't always the best approach, even on Android.

Of course there are many apps that simply don't work very well or at all, so bb10 does have significant limitations and, therefore, isn't workable for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-17 10:32 AM
    where have you been man? blackberry was king and fumbled it. they were the original smart phone. also, why debate a bb10 without apps? half of them cant even be deleted. i only use a couple android apps, and the rest are native -thats right- bb10 apps. this thread is about trying to transition to android...and it not being a pleasant experience for those used to bb10.

Posted via CBX
    Actually, the original smartphone was IBM. Nokia was probably the first popular one. They ended up the same as BB.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-17 06:32 PM
    Actually, the original smartphone was IBM. Nokia was probably the first popular one. They ended up the same as BB.
    Don't forget Windows Mobile
    11-19-17 09:59 PM
    Don't forget Windows Mobile
    i've never seen an IBM phone, but plenty of nokia, palm, motorola, samsung...back in the day none of these held a candle to Blackberry devices. BB made business mobile. it was revolutionary..good or bad.

Posted via CBX
    11-19-17 10:20 PM
    i've never seen an IBM phone, but plenty of nokia, palm, motorola, samsung...back in the day none of these held a candle to Blackberry devices. BB made business mobile. it was revolutionary..good or bad.

Posted via CBX
    IBM Simon
    11-20-17 11:49 AM
    I think losing the SD card improves functionality. Now I don't have to have the right card with me. Now all my stuff is on the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    For you.

Some of us enjoy having a choice of both large removable local storage and cloud storage, not just 1.
    11-20-17 12:02 PM
    interesting read.

Posted via CBX
    11-20-17 02:04 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is the best.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-20-17 02:59 PM
    Many apps require a virtual keyboard. Even apps that are purely media require a keyboard to search what you need.
    Perhaps you would want to take notes as the other fella said while watching a video. How about using two separate messaging apps at the same time. Kind of pointless don't you think if you keyboard is constantly covering half the screen?

Even some of the top reviewers said that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ with the physical keyboard let's you utilize split screen as Google originally intended.
    I don't have this problem.

I watch YouTube, running a messaging app and keyboard with no problem.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-20-17 03:29 PM

I watch YouTube, running a messaging app and keyboard with no problem.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...44505f8329.jpg
    Hmm.... Well looks like times have changed. I hadn't tried it since my galaxy S4 lol. Maybe I will give it another go and see. Thanks for the picture.
    11-20-17 04:55 PM

I watch YouTube, running a messaging app and keyboard with no problem.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...44505f8329.jpg
    This is what I get

11-20-17 04:58 PM
    I'm using a Galaxy Note8. The new 18:9 aspect ratio allows us to do it without having to compromise anything.

The older 16:9 devices did make it a little more difficult to do.
    11-20-17 10:58 PM
    Works well on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ too

Can't Handle Android Anymore-screenshot_20171120-232409.jpg
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-20-17 11:26 PM
    Works well on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171120-232409.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	431662
    Ha ha we know
    That was one big plus to getting the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-21-17 09:42 AM

Posted via CBX
    I was responding to a post that said Blackberry invented the smartphone. They simply didn’t. They weren’t even second. In fact the early RIM devices were just email, not phones. I know, I had one.
    11-21-17 10:35 AM
    I was responding to a post that said Blackberry invented the smartphone. They simply didn’t. They weren’t even second. In fact the early RIM devices were just email, not phones. I know, I had one.
    two-way pagers.

Posted via CBX
    11-21-17 04:24 PM
    two-way pagers.

Posted via CBX
    Yeah, maybe. Not phones with voice though. Mine was on EarthLink as I recall. Or maybe that was a Motorola two way pager. Can’t remember. It was a long time ago. I actually think I still have them in my office somewhere.
    11-21-17 05:39 PM
    Yeah, maybe. Not phones with voice though. Mine was on EarthLink as I recall. Or maybe that was a Motorola two way pager. Can’t remember. It was a long time ago. I actually think I still have them in my office somewhere.
    I used to like phone booths for place to change. Now I'm walking everyday all day like I'm going to comicon
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-21-17 05:44 PM
    I used to like phone booths for place to change. Now I'm walking everyday all day like I'm going to comicon
    at least your kind is more accepted now..

Posted via CBX
    11-22-17 08:10 AM
    I find android to be a mess. os10 was a better OS. but I need the apps so I have to put up with Android. I don't want to be trapped in Apples web.
    11-22-17 08:13 AM
    at least your kind is more accepted now..

Posted via CBX
    Superman?????? Or just people walking around in tights like Mexican wrestlers?
    11-22-17 10:56 AM
344 ... 11121314