I have a Storm 2 9550 for Verizon unlocked for Tmobile.

I tried battery pull, no luck. Phone keeps saying "This is a WiFi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again."

I called Tmobile rep. She said that the reason I'm not getting internet is because I'm missing internet options. My phone only shows "HOTSPOT BROWSER" when searching:

options>advanced options>browser

She said my phone got corrupted and there was nothing she could do to help. When I connect using my home WiFi it works, but otherwise, no internet. HELP!!!!
    06-06-10 08:52 PM
    From your browser go to options and see if you can change it from hotspot browser to internet browser.
    06-06-10 09:31 PM
    That's the entire problem. There ISN'T another option other than HOTSPOT browser, doesn't have option for INTERNET browser.
    06-06-10 10:54 PM
    That's the entire problem. There ISN'T another option other than HOTSPOT browser, doesn't have option for INTERNET browser.
    Did you check out this thread?

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? You will not have the browser without one.
    06-06-10 11:23 PM
    Yup. You need to have BIS from T-Mobile. Without it, you just have a wifi phone.
    06-07-10 08:18 AM
    I have a Storm 2 9550 for Verizon unlocked for Tmobile.

I tried battery pull, no luck. Phone keeps saying "This is a WiFi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again."

I called Tmobile rep. She said that the reason I'm not getting internet is because I'm missing internet options. My phone only shows "HOTSPOT BROWSER" when searching:

options>advanced options>browser

She said my phone got corrupted and there was nothing she could do to help. When I connect using my home WiFi it works, but otherwise, no internet. HELP!!!!

If you find the solution to this problem, please let me know. Cause I have the same EXACT ISSUE. I called TMobile and they told me the same thing. I even followed the directions in that thread posted and it did nothing for me. Did this happen to your phone around 3 days ago?
    06-07-10 10:13 AM
    @everyone - I have a BlackBerry Data Plan (BIS)
    @Ja - yup, this happened to me about 3 days ago.

I found a website called berryology that claims that they can fix it with a small donation. I'm considering it. Someone stop me if you think I shouldn't.

Anybody else got any ideas???
    06-07-10 11:25 AM
    Have you tried resending the service books?
    06-07-10 01:44 PM
    HAd a similar problem recently and this is how you it can be fixed Options>advanced options>Host Routing Table> Hit menu key and then register device. I have had this happen with two separate devices and each time this has corrected the problem (Thanks to the VZW tech that helped me initially)
    06-07-10 01:51 PM
    @everyone - I have a BlackBerry Data Plan (BIS)
    @Ja - yup, this happened to me about 3 days ago.

I found a website called berryology that claims that they can fix it with a small donation. I'm considering it. Someone stop me if you think I shouldn't.

Anybody else got any ideas???
    I was also having the same problem., but I paid the donation for berryology (great customer svc btw) and followed the instructions, which gave me the option of hotspot and internet browsers...and also resulted in a tmobile wap browser showing up...but still no email or other data. I think this is a tmobile problem..RIM told me that Tmobile needs to do some provisioning....idk
    06-07-10 03:17 PM
    06-07-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD