I have lightly used the two generally used programs to (BSAK and Shrink A OS) eliminate cods and other programs from BB OS's.

I have been able to remove things like BBM directly from the phone, but I cannot get either one to 'see' the phone when hooked up via USB to my laptop.

I want to remove BBM from the phone rather then reload a modified OS.

My OS is T-Mobile approved OS6 on a 9700.

In each case I start the programs to shrink and then plug in the phone. In the past the programs found the phone, this time, no.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Michael A.
    07-05-11 06:40 PM
    do you have desktop manager installed so that the computer has the proper drivers?
    07-05-11 06:58 PM
    do you have desktop manager installed so that the computer has the proper drivers?
    Yep, I also just now deleted BB Boss completely and re-downloaded 2.2,

Still can't get to connect.

To add to frustration, I also redownloaded the TMobile OS6 and it won't install on laptop now. Arrggg! I was tempted to wipe and reload after removing BBM from OS.

Michael A.
    07-05-11 07:03 PM
    Windows vista or 7? Try turning user account control off and try but remember to turn it back on when done.
    Matt_8900 likes this.
    07-05-11 08:04 PM
    Windows vista or 7? Try turning user account control off and try but remember to turn it back on when done.
    I went to my desktop rather than continue with the laptop and was able to download and re-install the tmo os6.

The phone locked up when I tried to remove the bbm cod using bbh phone tools. I'd hoped not to have to re-install but it happened. I highlighted bbmaps to trial the feature but got uncaught exemption message.

I don't know why my (yes W7) laptop all of a sudden doesn't function with any bb os and shrink programs, sucky!

but phone is back on and now have to restore from backup and reload apps. oh well.
    07-05-11 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD