So I have the new Storm2 and also got a new (2nd one actually) Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth headset. Now the Voyager pro supports multipoint (allowing to connect to two devices). I have a Plantronics Home office phone/base (Calisto Pro) and the Voyager can connect to that and my Storm. So whichever one gets a call I can just hit a button on the headset and it connects to that device.

Now it worked a few days ago, now refuses to connect to both. Wants to connect to one or the other. If I disconnect my Calisto Pro, the Storm2 will connect, if I disconnect the Storm2 then the Calisto Pro connects back to the Voyager Pro.

Just doesnt make sense to why this is happening. Leads me to believe there is something in the way that Blackberry is negoiating a connection to the bluetooth where its connecting like in Stereo mode and using both channels. There are no options on bluetooth to control this.

Anyone had problems of this nature?

Dixit
    12-22-09 11:18 AM
    I wish I could help you, but I will give the Voyager Pro props...it's one heck of a BT
    12-22-09 12:24 PM
    Yea I love it but for some reason the damn BB Storm2 keeps negoiating some special way chewing up dual channels or something.

I just put the original Plantronics Bluetooth back in (the one that comes with the Calisto Pro handset/base) and it works fine. Right now the BB Storm2 and the Calisto Pro are both connected. I got a feeling the headset (the older one) doesnt let the BB Storm2 connect to hog both channels or something.

This kinda sucks cause I dont want to set the Voyager Pro just for the BB Storm2. Id rather use one BT for both devices since I work from home and get calls on either device.

Dixit
    12-22-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD