My phone just lost it's screen so I had to get another. Same phone, but Best Buy couldnt transfer any of my address book. I had backed up my book into device manager, but can't seem to find it on my PC. I don't mind re-etering them all, I just can't seem to get them. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
    07-10-10 04:57 PM
    Did you check your documents folder, that's where they go unless otherwise designated. And I thought that when you want to transfer back to your phone it will do it automaticaly when you click on restore?
    07-10-10 05:06 PM
    My phone just lost it's screen so I had to get another. Same phone, but Best Buy couldnt transfer any of my address book. I had backed up my book into device manager, but can't seem to find it on my PC. I don't mind re-etering them all, I just can't seem to get them. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
    Connect your phone to desktop manager. Go to Backup/Restore and go to
    the advanced restore. From there you'll locate the .ipd file that compressed
    your previous backup from the other phone. Once you find it you'll see the
    option to transfer your "address book." Or, you could just restore that whole
    file completely.
    07-10-10 05:22 PM
    yea just plug it in and go into backup/restore to make a new backup file. you dont need the screen to work in order to do that.
    07-10-10 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD