OK, I'm new here and have searched the forums and can't find anything that will help me with my issue. I downloaded an album from Amazon today, I use Windows Media Player so I dragged the album to load on my BB 9700 and can't find it on my BB. So I tried to do it again but WMP says it's already on my device. Any help appreciated, I've even searched the internet and can't find anything specific to my issue. Thanking you in advance. Marty
    11-26-10 05:30 PM
    Did you put it in Device memory or on the Media card. To check device memory open the Files folder (looks like a file cabinet) File Folders/Device Memory/Home/User/Music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 06:01 PM
    OK, the only place I can find a folder is in the media for pictures. I don't see a folder that would be for my music, sorry. But I use my BB for internet access and that desktop window that pops up has media on it and the music I'm looking for appears there? Hmmmm, all of this is really new to me but I'm learning every day. So to answer your question, I'm not sure if it is on the device memory or the media card. Do you have any more suggestions? Thank you for the patience. Marty
    11-26-10 06:29 PM
    Menu/Files/Files Folder/Device Memory/Home/User/Music. I can't get any clearer than that. Find the FILES icon, then follow the path. If you open the Media Folder and press Menu/Explore you can follow the path also.

11-26-10 08:09 PM
    I really appreciate your assistance. I'm sure it's very clear to you, but at my age, technology isn't quite so easy. I'll keep trying. I may have to get one of my young nieces or nephews to help me. Again, I appreciate your help. Thank you ever so much for your time. Hope you had a great holiday. Marty
    11-26-10 09:22 PM
    I apologize Marty I thought you were a young kid lost in bb land. Let's try this one last time. Go to the pictures folder you found under Media. Scroll to the pictires folder then press the menu(blackberry) button. You will see a menu on the left, popup. Scroll through it until you can highlight "Explore". Press the track. It will open a folder that says "Media Card" and "Device Memory". Scroll to "Device Memory" and press the track. Now it opens another folder, highlight and press "Home", this opens another folder, highlight and press on
    "User" opening another containing a list of more folders! One of them is labeled "Music" and it should be there.

Don't give up Marty, we all get lost right before we learn something new! Hang in there and let me know how it goes! albee

Last edited by albee 1; 11-26-10 at 09:59 PM.
    11-26-10 09:50 PM
    OK, the only place I can find a folder is in the media for pictures. I don't see a folder that would be for my music, sorry. But I use my BB for internet access and that desktop window that pops up has media on it and the music I'm looking for appears there? Hmmmm, all of this is really new to me but I'm learning every day. So to answer your question, I'm not sure if it is on the device memory or the media card. Do you have any more suggestions? Thank you for the patience. Marty
    It should have been saved to the Media Card, but may be in your Device Memory. Do you have an icon in the Media folder that looks like a Musical Note? If you highlight each folder, the name. Will show at the bottom of the screen.

11-26-10 10:07 PM
    You need to do the search from your bb, not the pc. You won't be able to view "Device Memory" files through a pc without a 3rd party app.

Last edited by albee 1; 11-26-10 at 11:07 PM.
    11-26-10 10:20 PM
    OK, now it's telling my I'm out of memory! It's going to be tonight before I can really deal with this again! LOL I really appreciate your patience. When I'm out today, I'll try to get a bigger micro memory card. I'll figure it out eventually. I love my BB and as time goes on I find out how much more it is capable of assisting me! As Arnold says, "I'll be back"! Thank you again.
    11-27-10 09:52 AM
    You bet marty! Glad to help. Just keep digging you'll find what you need eventually!

11-27-10 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD