I've have a Gmail account setup for use with my Storm 2 since April 2010.

How can I prevent certain emails (not spam, but things like coupons) from being sent to the device? In other words there are certain emails I don't want delivered to the device but I still want them to stay in my Gmail Inbox until I actually access them via my PC.

I've done some searching around and it seems like I need to access my BB BIS at Verizon. I tried creating a new account entering my PIN and MEID number and it told me "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser...please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."

I guess I'm just not understanding this whole thing. Please help!
    07-28-10 09:31 AM
    Use the Email Settings icon on the device.
    07-28-10 11:16 AM
    Use the Email Settings icon on the device.
    I did. There is no option to set up a filter.
    07-28-10 01:07 PM
    Log on to the Verizon bis site:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

Log on. Then go to email accounts and set up filters.

The issue you may run into is who or what to filter. You can BLOCK ALL and then create exceptions to accept specific addresses like friends or work.

Or you can send all but block some but setting up those might be harder.
    07-28-10 02:00 PM
    Log on to the Verizon bis site:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

Log on. Then go to email accounts and set up filters.

The issue you may run into is who or what to filter. You can BLOCK ALL and then create exceptions to accept specific addresses like friends or work.

Or you can send all but block some but setting up those might be harder.
    That's what I tried to do. I don't recall every visiting that site and creating an account. When I try logging in with my email address and password it doesn't recognize me. When I try to create a new account it gives me the error message I posted above:

"Your account is not accessible via HTML browser...please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."

07-28-10 03:12 PM
    It's been a while but you may have to use the email wizard on the device to first create/initialize an account - not an email account but the bis account.

There are those who also suggest when doing this (I think this is where you create a "BB-verizon-email address) that you do NOT setup a bb-email address as the only way to get to it is via the BB and it is harder to control spam once created????????? Take this last paragraph with a grain of salt.
    07-28-10 04:01 PM
    I did. There is no option to set up a filter.
    So if you go to the Email Settings icon and log in and highlight one of the email addresses and press the Menu button, you don't see the "Filters" item on the menu??
    07-28-10 07:55 PM
    That's what I tried to do. I don't recall every visiting that site and creating an account. When I try logging in with my email address and password it doesn't recognize me. When I try to create a new account it gives me the error message I posted above:

"Your account is not accessible via HTML browser...please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."
    I'm not sure where the problem is for you. I set up my email accounts from my device, but created filters at my provider's website. Momma is correct, you should have an option to set-up a filter. Have you registered, or set up an account at your provider's site?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 09:07 PM
    On your device - in browser configuration under Internet Browser (assuming that's what you're using), is your Browser Identification set to BlackBerry rather than Firefox or Internet Explorer?
    07-28-10 09:21 PM
    So if you go to the Email Settings icon and log in and highlight one of the email addresses and press the Menu button, you don't see the "Filters" item on the menu??
    I did not think to press the MENU button. Now that I did, I can see the filters. Thanks.
    07-29-10 07:01 AM
    Great!

ALWAYS press the Menu button to see what options are available in an application.
    07-29-10 11:02 AM
    its a blackberry you can't do it on the phone. you have to login each time to add filters. no special spam or junk mail folders so pretty much you have to do everything on the computer side
    07-29-10 02:33 PM
    Can't you create a filter in the messages folder? With the messages folder open, Menu/Options/Email Filters/Menu/New(filter) or am I totally missing something. I kept getting "Nevada Incorporate Now" emails 3 times a day and filtered them out. Haven't seen one since.

07-29-10 04:43 PM
    its a blackberry you can't do it on the phone. you have to login each time to add filters. no special spam or junk mail folders so pretty much you have to do everything on the computer side
    Yes, you can. As noted above, it can be done via the Email Settings thick client on the device.
    07-29-10 04:51 PM
    ...With the messages folder open, Menu/Options/Email Filters/Menu/New(filter) or am I totally missing something.
    I don't have these settings. What OS are you running?
    07-29-10 09:11 PM
    Open your Main Messages Folder, not the Email settings folder. Then follow above. I am running 5.0.0.438.

07-29-10 09:29 PM
    Open your Main Messages Folder, not the Email settings folder. Then follow above. I am running 5.0.0.438.
    Nope - no gots! I get the same screen whether I go from Messages or from the e-mail folder. I'm running .699. Wonder why they'd remove this?

I only have:
    General Options
    Inbox Settings
    Email Settings
    Email Reconciliation
    Spell Check
    Enhanced Gmail Plug-in
    07-29-10 10:31 PM
    Wierd, it may be a carrier related goof. Or it's somewhere else. Yeah Email Filters is between Email Settings and Email Reconciliation on mine. That is bizarre. What carrier? And that's not a hybrid OS is it?

07-29-10 10:47 PM
    Wierd, it may be a carrier related goof. Or it's somewhere else. Yeah Email Filters is between Email Settings and Email Reconciliation on mine. That is bizarre. What carrier? And that's not a hybrid OS is it?
    No, it's not a hybrid. I'm on Sprint and .699 is their official latest release.
    07-29-10 10:56 PM
    I guess they have decided if you don't want it on your bb, you can label it junk on the website and it won't get pushed. I still think it's strange. It works, so why would they remove the option? I bet the previous OS has it.
    Puked from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com haha!
    Last edited by albee 1; 07-29-10 at 11:35 PM.
    07-29-10 11:31 PM
    Ok - subject change! How did you change your mobile signature?

07-30-10 12:05 AM
    You go to your Email Settings folder, login, click on the Email account whose signature you want to edit and there should be a box with the "sent from my bb" in it. Set the cursor and hit the delete button. Now type your new signature in, backout and save. Hope I remembered that right, it's been awhile. Or did you mean my editing?

Flatulated from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 07-30-10 at 12:20 AM.
    07-30-10 12:15 AM
    ...Or did you mean my editing?

Flatulated from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I meant your editing ...the CB wapforums signature.
    07-30-10 08:28 PM
    I just clicked my cursor behind the word "post" and used the delete button on the keypad, erased it and substituted my own word. I'm surprised more of us don't do that!
    Oh and I almost forgot, you have to click the (Ed) feature and do it after you enter the Edit page.

Roasted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 07-30-10 at 10:08 PM.
    07-30-10 09:56 PM
    ...Oh and I almost forgot, you have to click the (Ed) feature and do it after you enter the Edit page.
    Thanks! I feel kinda stupid that I didn't pick-up on the editing. And to think I've been a detective for 17 years.
    07-31-10 01:01 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD