If your os has gone wonky then do what every phone user has to do including iPhone and Android users. Reinstall the operating system. BlackBerry has it made compared to other platforms as we can backup all of our data before we wipe the phone.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    08-30-14 08:33 AM
    I agree with most of the posts in this forum. Security wipe, and reinstall apps from scratch.

A hassle, but it will fix this issue. My Z30 was down to 15 hours, and after wipe, average is now 28 hours.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:13 AM
    I can rely on my z30. Took my daughter back down to university and set her up in her new place. Her iphone is a complete battery let down. My wife and I have z30's. They are more than reliable. So go ahead.....get an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    That is a unique situation in a particular location. Doesn't mean it's the same for everyone but I agree that BlackBerry battery life (except the Z10) is a plus.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    08-30-14 09:37 AM
    If your os has gone wonky then do what every phone user has to do including iPhone and Android users. Reinstall the operating system. BlackBerry has it made compared to other platforms as we can backup all of our data before we wipe the phone.

I have never had to reinstall my Android OS because of issues. Also, everything is backed up to Google automatically.

08-30-14 09:39 AM
    I have never had to reinstall my Android OS because of issues. Also, everything is backed up to Google automatically.

Your experience is not typical and let's not get into a back and forth about it.
    08-30-14 09:40 AM
    Go read in the other phone forums. You see things like phones locking up, phones slowing to a crawl over time. Apps crashing, reboots. The list goes on and on. No company is perfect and anything that runs software can and will have a bug here and there.
    So true. There is no perfect phone. Not yet anyway. They all have their issues. Personally, I've never had an issue with any BlackBerry that I've owned and I've owned quite a few going back to my first one, an 8100 Pearl. My only complaint about my Z10 is that I wish the battery was better, but I can live with that. Oh, and I really wish BlackBerry had a real call blocking app. You know, the kind that they had in other OSs.
    lift likes this.
    08-30-14 09:43 AM
    Lol my Z10 does this a lot. This morning in fact. Lost >20% by the time I woke up with no apps running.

I won't say I can't depend on my phone though, just that I'm scared to leave it off the charger over night

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-30-14 11:33 AM
    Your experience is not typical and let's not get into a back and forth about it.
    Proof?

08-30-14 11:40 AM
    Proof?

Lol yeah that statement definitely needs proof

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:52 AM
    I have left mine on charger overnight with no ill effects but then my battery does not lose power in standby.
    08-30-14 11:54 AM
    I had this happen to my Z30 twice. Once, I had just added some World Cup Calendar in accounts. That day and the next, my Z30 went from lasting all day and some, to needing recharging after 6hours. I checked the calendar (swipe down from the top within the calendar app>>Manage Calendars), and I could see that calendar was still synching. I deleted it, and everything was back to normal.

The second time, I had tried to install an android app through the Amazon store. However I had to stop it because it was too large and I was not on wifi. It never really stopped "installing" in the amazon store, so I just swiped up and pressed "x". For that day and the next, again my battery was horrible. Finally I deleted the amazon store (because it wouldn't open), but as soon as I thought I had deleted it, it popped back up and tried to continue the installation of the aborted app. I let it finish this time on Wifi, and then closed everything properly. My battery life returned to normal.

So what I'm saying is, there are several causes for system-induced battery drain (aside from being in low signal areas, and heavy display use, of course). You have to do some investigative work to find the culprit.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:59 AM
    Proof?

Really? Just go read some other forums. Man, people that love android just never know when to quit.
    08-30-14 12:23 PM
    Really? Just go read some other forums. Man, people that love android just never know when to quit.
    No really, I'm being honest. I both know lots of people who own Android and I frequent Android Central. If someone has an issue they are not told to reload the OS like here. I have always thought that was odd. I'm not talking reboot or battery pull, I mean reload the OS.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-30-14 12:29 PM
    No really, I'm being honest. I both know lots of people who own Android and I frequent Android Central. If someone has an issue they are not told to reload the OS like here. I have always thought that was odd. I'm not talking reboot or battery pull, I mean reload the OS.

Q10, N5, N10.
    It's a little off topic here and I'm not commenting further about this.
    08-30-14 12:34 PM
    That is a unique situation in a particular location. Doesn't mean it's the same for everyone but I agree that BlackBerry battery life (except the Z10) is a plus.

I agree. I use to work in an underground location with terrible network reception. My Z10 battery was more often than not drained with minimum to no usage. I was told the same by others who owned IOS and Androids. Just about everyone has their phones plug in when they come in for work.
    08-30-14 12:36 PM
    I am saying this because the software is so messed up.
    Yesterday night my phone ate 34% of battery on standby. It was on bedside mode.

Attachment 294485

See the graph from 11:41 to 7:02 am. I was sleeping then.

Attachment 294486

Everything has consumed more battery than my display.

How the heck do u depend on a phone which just eats up 34% of your battery on standby.
    My Z10 has occasionally done this to me, where my battery drains in 6-8 hours on very light usage. Its always after I drain the battery in a couple hours by watching piles of videos online. For a couple days it will do this, and then it settles down and seems to last extra long for the next few days and then kind of averages out to normal.
    08-30-14 01:09 PM

Q10, N5, N10.
    I have known many people on android and iPhone that have had to fully reinstall the OS. More iPhone but not by much

08-30-14 04:25 PM
    I have known many people on android and iPhone that have had to fully reinstall the OS. More iPhone but not by much

Many? I've owned Android devices since Froyo. Not once. I've owned BlackBerry since 2007. I can't count the number of times its been necessary. Maybe I'm just Android lucky?

Sent from my N5
    08-30-14 04:37 PM
    Many? I've owned Android devices since Froyo. Not once. I've owned BlackBerry since 2007. I can't count the number of times its been necessary. Maybe I'm just Android lucky?

Sent from my N5
    Just one of thousands of cases, come on please don't be like a rabid fanatic .you aren't. All OS's from time to time have to be reloaded. Perhaps you are Android lucky as I have been BlackBerry Lucky as I haven't ever had to reload an OS except for new updates.

I also had to with IOS.

http://www.citeworld.com/article/211...ow-to-fix.html

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-30-14 04:41 PM
    The Z10 battery life sucks, plain and simple. With the Z30
    You can get some improvement, but IMO the Z10 is never going to get decent battery life no matter what changes you make or things you turn off in the settings.
    shaleem likes this.
    08-30-14 04:57 PM
    Just one of thousands of cases, come on please don't be like a rabid fanatic .you aren't. All OS's from time to time have to be reloaded. Perhaps you are Android lucky as I have been BlackBerry Lucky as I haven't ever had to reload an OS except for new updates.

I also had to with IOS.

http://www.citeworld.com/article/211...ow-to-fix.html

Posted via CB10
    LOL. You know I'm not a fanatic, just stating fact. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Sent from my N5
    kbz1960 and shaleem like this.
    08-30-14 05:02 PM
    LOL. You know I'm not a fanatic, just stating fact. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Sent from my N5
    A personal fact no problem ,however shouldn't be generalized as it would be inaccurate.:-)) I have no doubt you never had to.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-30-14 05:10 PM
    A personal fact no problem ,however shouldn't be generalized as it would be inaccurate.:-)) I have no doubt you never had to.

Posted via CB10
    Like EVERYTHING on here is? Haha. Don't get me started! LOL.

Sent from my N5
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-30-14 05:13 PM
    In bedside mode with a Z10 the light is on all night!!!!!

That is usually your biggest power drain, you need to be charging while in bedside mode.

background programs unless they are poorly behaving android apps should not do this.

don't panic and
    DO NOT WIPE YOUR PHONE AND RE-INSTALL, just do a restart , if that doesn't help pull the battery for at least 10 min at try again

If it repeats get a power monitoring app and see what the draw is , 10.2 has this built in. Se whaat used the power over-night

having anything left after the light being on for 6-8 hrs is pretty good actually.

btw , had a similar problem hat home with a Z30 , was dead partway though the morning , problem ... was in bedside mode the night before but was not all the way into the cradle, so didn't charge overnight ( means Z30 did 30 hrs on a charge!!!!)
    08-30-14 05:49 PM
    That's one of the things I love about my Q10, bedside mode.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-30-14 06:41 PM
75 123