I am saying this because the software is so messed up.
    Yesterday night my phone ate 34% of battery on standby. It was on bedside mode.

Can't depend on my BlackBerry: Bedside Mode using too much battery!-img_20140830_070620.png

See the graph from 11:41 to 7:02 am. I was sleeping then.

Can't depend on my BlackBerry: Bedside Mode using too much battery!-img_20140830_070624.png

Everything has consumed more battery than my display.

How the heck do u depend on a phone which just eats up 34% of your battery on standby.
    08-29-14 08:41 PM
    Try a hard reset by holding down the volume keys until the blue BlackBerry logo pops up!
    If that doesn't work, take a security wipes nd reload os

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-29-14 08:45 PM
    If there is one thing I know is that I can depend on my Z30 more and more each day.

Check my sig for a battery saving article and check if you're doing your part to make sure the battery lasts.
    08-29-14 08:45 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140830_070620.png 
Views:	4892 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	294485

Name:	IMG_20140830_070624.png 
Views:	4904 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	294486

How do u depend on a phone which just eats up 34% of your battery on standby.
    Really check to see your sync intervals on emails and ensure you have no games syncing to bbm, NEVER have I had this with my Z30 and I'm a heavy user. I DEPEND on it and it's NEVER let me down.

I also suggest revising your calendar sync, get a Task Manager app in BlackBerry World, you can check for apps that are running in the background and kill them.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 08-30-14 at 09:28 AM.
    08-29-14 09:04 PM
    Which OS is on your Phone?
    PIM services is showing 12% and that is the reason, so that means u have just installed a new OS or something!?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 09:09 PM
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your BlackBerry. Is this the first time it does the or has it happened before? I have a Z10 and a Z30, my wife has another Z10. So far neither of us has had any issues of this type. I really depend on my BlackBerry for a lot of important aspects of my personal and professional life.

Posted via CB 10 from my Z30
    08-29-14 09:25 PM
    Which OS is on your Phone?
    PIM services is showing 12% and that is the reason, so that means u have just installed a new OS or something!?

Posted via CB10
    10.2.1.3247. Haven't installed any new OS. PIM services have been crazy right from day one.
    08-29-14 09:35 PM
    Really check to see your sync intervals on emails and ensure you have no games syncing to bbm, NEVER have I had this with my Z30 and I'm a heavy user. I DEPEND on it and it's NEVER let me down.

I also suggest revising your calendar sync, get a Task Manager app in BlackBerry World, you can check for apps that are running in the background and kill them.
    Posted via CB10
    All my intervals have been set to 24 hours.
    And I think even with all the sync, 34% battery in 6.5 hours on standby is crazy.
    08-29-14 09:36 PM
    How the F*** do u depend on a phone which just eats up 34% of your battery on standby.
    Wow, relax and take a deep breath. Tell me you never had another electronic device take a nose dive before? it was just a glitch. Do a hard reset and stop with the dramatic "U can no longer depend on your BlackBerry" stuff. All devices mess up sometimes.
    08-29-14 09:40 PM
    Wow, relax and take a deep breath. Tell me you never had another electronic device take a nose dive before? it was just a glitch. Do a hard reset and stop with the dramatic "U can no longer depend on your BlackBerry" stuff. All devices mess up sometimes.
    Maybe all devices do. Just because others are making mistakes doesn't mean u can/should.
    A bug here and there is fine.
    But the basics shouldn't get messed up
    08-29-14 09:42 PM
    'You' can no longer depend on 'your' BlackBerry... don't lump me into your mess. I depend on mine every day and it works fine for me. Hasn't let me down yet, I can't say the same for BBOS though. That let me down many times lol. I was sooo glad to see BB10 arrive.
    08-29-14 09:47 PM
    Maybe all devices do. Just because others are making mistakes doesn't mean u can/should.
    A bug here and there is fine.
    But the basics shouldn't get messed up
    Go read in the other phone forums. You see things like phones locking up, phones slowing to a crawl over time. Apps crashing, reboots. The list goes on and on. No company is perfect and anything that runs software can and will have a bug here and there.
    red72 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    08-29-14 09:48 PM

Name:	IMG_20140830_070620.png 
Views:	4892 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	294485

Name:	IMG_20140830_070624.png 
Views:	4904 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	294486

How the heck do u depend on a phone which just eats up 34% of your battery on standby.
    Sorry to say you are in the minority - I have a hard time trying to run my Z30 battery down in 1 day so I can give it a good full charge cycle LOL
    08-29-14 09:50 PM
    Something odd must of happened. I suggest you restart the device, charge it fully and use it for a day to see how it acts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    lift likes this.
    08-29-14 09:58 PM
    Sounds like you simply have a defective phone or you bought a "fake" BlackBerry phone. Take it in for repair or get a new phone.
    08-29-14 10:07 PM
    I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your BlackBerry. Is this the first time it does the or has it happened before? I have a Z10 and a Z30, my wife has another Z10. So far neither of us has had any issues of this type. I really depend on my BlackBerry for a lot of important aspects of my personal and professional life.

Posted via CB 10 from my Z30
    We have two Z10s, a Q10 and a Playbook. We have had other Android devices die on us but not our BlackBerrys. Hope ur problem gets resolved.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    lift likes this.
    08-29-14 10:26 PM
    Absolutely. There is no reason to be so dramatic. It happens to all phones ,just that we don't hear about it, doesn't mean it never happens to other OEMS.
    08-30-14 12:06 AM
    I have posted before on battery drain on the Z10. I agree that 10.2.1.x would drain battery at all times even if the phone was in airplane mode and even a lot if it was turned off (!) I was quite upset with this as well. I noticed a lot of the "system" category was usually continual or random reindexing of the sdcard or other random sync operations.

But the great news is 10.3.0.1052 leak with exfat formatted sdcard has dramatically improved this situation. Mileage will vary, but in my case my battery life has doubled from before. This means from about four hours to eight hours with medium use. With moderate use I'm looking at twelve. Under heavy use I will now get about five to six hours which is simply amazing.

I think one of the secrets is whatever Gremlin was running around in the background eating battery has been killed off finally. And it makes a huge difference, especially when the phone is idle.

Keep the faith; 10.3 will deliver.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:36 AM
    Wow, that's too bad. The good news is you can always depend on Depend.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-30-14 12:45 AM
    My phone had some issues so I went back to an earlier back up on Link and after the restore to back up my phone is fine. I think my problems originated from a app install. A word to the wise. If your phone is working well back it up. This reminds me of my Microsoft Windows days.
    08-30-14 01:35 AM
    I am using the Q10 since May 2013 and never encountered such an issue. As usual, it is hard to tell why your phone is doing this. You might've noticed already by other members comments this is no common issue with either the Q10 or other BB10 devices.

It is hard to track down what causes the problem. The first things which comes to mind is an app. While the easypeasy app installation in the modern smartphone world is a convenient thing, a lot of people playing around with a lot of apps and simply tend to screw up their usually fine working devices. After all, this is a small computer and we keep messing with the installed software.

The suggested reset would be a first start to try fixing your problem. I don't know whether this problem might be related to your specific 10.2.1 software release, since my Q10 was running .2977. An interesting approach, yet of course troublesome would be doing a security wipe. This erases all your data. After doing this, I also recommend to configure your Q from scratch, not by installing any backups, however you should create one before just to be secure.
    Start slowly with the apps, just enable your accounts and keep an eye on the behavior of your phone. Then you can start installing your apps back.
    Keep in mind battery life usually needs a couple of days to stabilize after any updates/clean installs.

Last but not least: I'm using a Lumia 1020 since a couple of months now and this phone, running Windows Phone 8.1 also had some random problems with high battery drains overnight, even though airplane mode was enabled. It's really hard to track these problems down, sometimes my Lumia does it, most of the time it doesn't, yet I couldn't figure out what causes it - not even with community help.
    08-30-14 03:16 AM
    Was your phone on 3G with data services on?
    Even i has similar issue, When ever my device on wifi till morning battery consumption will be around 5 to 10%.
    If my device is on 3G battery consumption may go upto 60%, Its mainly due to bad reception.

As I see System consumed 22% battery ie, which includes core OS applications and all running android apps.
    08-30-14 03:29 AM
    Well, let me be the first one to say PLUG IT IN TO THE CHARGER WHILE YOU HAVE IT IN BEDSIDE MODE WHEN YOU ARE SLEEPING! DUH!!!!!!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    zephyr613, manonthemoon and rarsen like this.
    08-30-14 04:44 AM
    Well, let me be the first one to say PLUG IT IN TO THE CHARGER WHILE YOU HAVE IT IN BEDSIDE MODE WHEN YOU ARE SLEEPING! DUH!!!!!!

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    There's a reason you're the first one to say it - because it has nothing to do with the problem.

Try a reset and let us know how it goes OP. I have had random times when my Q10 battery drained like crazy and it helped. Thankfully it doesn't happen often. It can happen with and phone though. Best of luck.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-30-14 07:21 AM
    I can rely on my z30. Took my daughter back down to university and set her up in her new place. Her iphone is a complete battery let down. My wife and I have z30's. They are more than reliable. So go ahead.....get an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 08:26 AM
75 123