there is one email on my device that I cannot remove...any ideas?
    07-17-08 07:46 PM
    Yes, try to delete it one more time. If it doesn't work, pull the battery for 30 seconds and replace it. It should then be gone.
    07-17-08 07:55 PM
    If Crucial's suggestion doesn't work, then you may need to follow the steps in this procedure...http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/can...-method-39978/
    07-17-08 09:13 PM
    When I first got the BB 8530 I could delete email by just using the delete key and deleting from handheld and mailbox.. Now,, nothing will delete.. and it is deleted from the account.. Help.. there are TOO many in my email... .. Appreciate a fix.. went to the sprint store... the sales guy had no clue..
    01-28-10 10:55 AM
    That is often the case, they are trained in the sale points, but they do not actually use the product themselves.

Deleting email is important, it can consume a lot of memory if not maintaned regularly.

The first place to start is: Options / Status. Menu / Database sizes.

This is your data, you can view how many messages in each account and the size the occupy. Look for the big ones, they will count most.

Make a backup first, just for insurance.

Open the selected Email account and position the cursor over a date line. Select Delete Prior to clear messages from that point.

If that does not work, use Advanced Restore from BlackBerry Desktop Manger. Open your current backup, select the email account and Delete. Use the >> button to overwrite the purged account back to your BlackBerry.
    01-28-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD