Help! Am trying to back up my contacts/data to BlackBerry Link. I've had my BlackBerry Classic handset, which uses 10.3, for a while and have never done this before. BB Link recognises my device, but says it 'can't communicate' with it. I'm connecting with a USB, which I know is working. It gives the option of restoring my factory settings, but I don't want to do that without backing up my contacts etc first.

Any ideas?
    05-05-17 07:49 AM
    Welcome to the growing club of "link/blend" doesn't work anymore.

If you have iTunes that might be an issue, search here for the LINK Itune file fix.

There are instructions here on reloading LINK..... may or may not work depending on if you have 10.3.3 and Windows 10. Some say it work, some say it doesn't... I haven't been able to.

BlackBerry World does have a few backup apps that work well saving a lot of your data..... Firechest Ultimate Backup was one I used. I'd suggest Backing up all data and then doing smaller backup of each category.

If you have iTunes that might be an issue, search here for the LINK Itune file fix.

There are instructions here on reloading LINK..... may or may not work depending on if you have 10.3.3 and Windows 10. Some say it work, some say it doesn't... I haven't been able to.

BlackBerry World does have a few backup apps that work well saving a lot of your data..... Firechest Ultimate Backup was one I used. I'd suggest Backing up all data and then doing smaller backup of each category.
    05-05-17 07:59 AM

After removing iTunes and reinstalling Link, make sure to run Link "as administrator.". This resolved the issue for me on Windows 10 with 10.3.3.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-07-17 11:51 AM