I recently moved, and changed ISPs. Previously, I had a stabe WIFI connection at home, now I can't get one to save my life.

My new ISP is Comcast, and I'm still using the same router I was using before, the only thing I've changed on the router is the QoS settings to accommodate the higher bandwidth I have now. My 8520 connects to my router, and I get an IP address just fine, but I can't get a connection to the Blackberry network at all. Running the wifi diagnostics tool gives me this result;
    Code:
    Wi-Fi
    Current Profile: (SSID name)
    SSID: (SSID)
    AP MAC Address: 08:10:74:79:22:74
    Security Type: Passphrase(PSK)
    Local IP Address: 192.168.1.104
    Signal Level: -61 dBm
    Connection Data Rate: 48 Mbps

VPN
    Current Profile:  
    Concentrator Address:  
    Authentication: N/A
    Secure Device IP:   

BlackBerry Infrastructure
    Connecting: Trying...
    Authenticating router: N/A
    Authenticating server: N/A
    "Connecting" is always either "trying" or "failed", with the helpful reason of "error".

I'm using n 8530 with Willyboy's 7.2 hybrid, and I have a rosewill router flashed with DD-WRT.
    I was using the same os and router with my old ISP and had no issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 11:09 PM
    Did you update the DNS information in your router after the switch? That's all I can think of. I'm using Comcast with no problems, although I do use OpenDNS instead of Comcast's DNS.
    09-20-10 12:54 PM
    Nope, I've been using OpenDNS ever since I bought the router.

I did connect once today for just a few seconds, then it went away again.

09-20-10 01:41 PM
    Seems like Comcast is blocking port 443. But before you go on a hotline and bash them for being ignorant bastards, test it.
    Get on windows pc and open a command line.
    Type "telnet" and the ip addresses you find for your BIS in
    advanced options > Host Routing Table > Wifi
    The command prompt window should show a flashing cursor and no error messages.

Or, are you using any other device between the Blackberry and Comcast's network that might have a firewall blocking everything (ie. a modem)?
    09-25-10 05:25 PM
    Seems the problem resolves itself if I reboot the router, but it comes back after I reboot my blackberry. Never had this problem before, I've been using the same router with the same settings for a while and the problem started when I switched to Comcast.

09-27-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD