Hey guys, I'm new to the forums so I apologize if I'm not stating things clearly. I just got an 8310 as a hand-me-down as an upgrade from my Pearl. I upgraded to 4.5.0.110 and wiped the memory with no problems. I DLed Plazmic 4.7 directly from RIM, made my own theme and installed. It installed fine but wouldn't show up under themes. I found a post that said I needed to change permissions. However, every time I change the permissions to "allow" it automatically changes back to "custom" but bold. I've tried downloaded other people's theme with the same result. Anyone have an idea of what to do? Thank you so much in advance!

I should also mention that I'm not part of any enterprise server.
    10-05-09 02:29 PM
    To the top, Bump...
    10-05-09 10:04 PM
    Seriously? Nobody has a clue, or a suggestion (none asinine, please)?!?!
    10-06-09 11:11 AM
    I don't know. I've never had to mess with anything to get themes to work...
    What permission are you talking about?
    10-06-09 12:51 PM
    Do you have problems with any other apps? Was it on the BES before you got it? Could be an IT policy thing.
    10-06-09 02:22 PM
    "It is possible that it was on a BES" ~Guy who gave me the phone.

Since I got the phone I've upgraded from 4.2.x.x to 4.5.0.110 and gone to Options-Security Settings-General Settings-Wipe Handheld. Wouldn't one of those undo IT settings?

All permissions in all apps not already set to "allow" cannot be changed to "allow". The default permissions for the phone are also set to Connections-Custom, Interactions-Custom, User Data-Allow and cannot be changed to "Allow".
    10-07-09 11:24 AM
    Wiping the handset will not remove an IT policy. There is some workarounds here if you do a quick search that describe how to completely remove the BES IT policy. The IT Policy is the most likely cause of your problem.
    10-07-09 11:32 AM
    Wiping the handset will not remove an IT policy. There is some workarounds here if you do a quick search that describe how to completely remove the BES IT policy. The IT Policy is the most likely cause of your problem.
    Yup, BES would explain it.
    I had the same thing when I got my 8310.

Here, I even found the link for you
    Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ
    10-07-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD