Hey everyone, I'm new here so sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

So yesterday I got a Blackberry Curve 9300 and as soon as I put in my sim card I set up the wifi. I don't have a data plan and don't plan on getting one. After I set up the wifi I was able to text and make calls and browse the internet, but but when I disconnect the wifi or leave my house I can't send/receive texts or make calls. Why is this? I'm on Tmobile if that means anything.
    02-06-11 01:47 PM
    Is your Mobile Network enabled in the Manage Connections icon? Are you getting a full signal where you are located.

If the mobile network is on and you are getting a strong signal and you can't make calls, call TMobile. Phone calls and text messaging aren't related to data, so that wouldn't affect it.
    02-06-11 02:33 PM
    Yes under setting where it says "Data Service" I have On. and Where it says Mobile Network it says "T-Mobile."
    02-06-11 02:41 PM
    If the check box for Mobile Network is check in the Manage Connections icon and reads "TMobile" and you are getting 3 or more bars of service and you still can't make phone calls, then call TMobile.
    02-06-11 02:48 PM
    How many bars do you see?

Does it show edge or GSM? Or do you see SOS or an X?
    02-06-11 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD