I hope you'll be patient enough to read through this post...

Since the latest software update (10.3.2.2639), I started receiving "One more applications/services require you to confirm your bbid". I open the notification, type in correct username and password, but get the message that there was an error and to try again. So I did, and get "An incorrect password has been entered too many times" message.

Then I tried all logical steps - resetting password (I do that, but it still doesn't accept it when trying to log in), clicking "confirm email" button (I've never received an email, checked both via phone and chrome on my PC).

Then I wanted to set up new BBID, so I went to the first email when I initially set up bbid and deleted it. However, I was still not able to set up a new one or change existing (previous) information at BBID section on my phone (I can still see username and email address from deleted bbid account).

I'm already pretty desperate, since I can't use many of BB features (e.g. BB world).

I was thinking about doing "security wipe", but I'm also scared that something will turn out wrong, and I won't still be able to set up new BBID afterwards and would be left without option of reinstalling apps I need.

Not to mention that I can't use BB Blend and BB Link (so I can't back up my phone before wiping data) because I can't access (or no longer have) BBID.

Please guys, I really need help with this. I like my BBQ10, but I don't want it crippled :/
    I'm here to provide any additional information, but please, let us solve this...

Thank you all in advance!

P.S. I wasn't sure which category to choose, so, If I'm in the wrong place, let me know, and suggest which category would be more appropriate for this question.
    01-04-16 05:12 AM
    Can you log in to BBID online using your computer?

There is no way around this. If you can't remember your BBID, you're in trouble.

A security wipe will require your existing BBID before it logs you into the device for the first time.
    01-04-16 06:06 AM
    I am sure typed in the right information, since I use the same e-mail and password for nearly all accounts, so this must be a bug. Troubling, persistent bug.
    I went here, and I logged in, and here it says that e-mail is confirmed. But obviously, my phone disagrees.
    Can't access my BB ID since the software update, why?-screenshot_4.jpg
    01-04-16 06:11 AM
    I'm pretty doomed then... I don't get it, why it all started with this update, and not with previous ones? I never had problem with BBID, and now, no matter how much I read forums and threads related to this topic, I can't resolve the issue.
    01-04-16 06:17 AM
    Check BlackBerry Protect online, and see if this device is registered to this BBID.
    01-04-16 06:21 AM
    It accepts my username and pass to log in to BlackBerry Protect. And my username appears on the top right corner on this site. However, it does say that my device is not associated with BBP. Where from here?Can't access my BB ID since the software update, why?-screenshot_5.jpg
    01-04-16 06:27 AM
    Your device is using another (older?) BBID. That's all there is to it.
    01-04-16 06:39 AM
    I'm not sure I understand what that means. There is only one BBID from the start. And I can't access it through my phone (confirm e-mail etc.) even though it is recognized and accepted via those websites on PC. I can't get around this msg: Can't access my BB ID since the software update, why?-img_20160104_134416.png
    And as soon as I click confirm e-mail, this msg shows, even though it is the first time in a week or more I wanted to try again, and yet, it still suggests I have typed wrong information too many times.. Oh.. the vicious circle..
    01-04-16 06:50 AM
    Btw, there is one more "bug" - when I type the correct password in the field above, it just disappears and the msg remains. If I type the wrong one - it blocks me for 15 minutes from new attempt. How and why?
    01-04-16 06:54 AM
    Are you connected to the Internet? Try rebooting your phone.
    01-04-16 07:03 AM
    Tried it many times. Whether I restart it, or turn off then on, I get these notifications:Can't access my BB ID since the software update, why?-img_20160104_113749.png
    I'm definitely connected to the Internet through my provider, or, whenever I'm at home - via WiFi.
    01-04-16 07:10 AM
    The only way I can see around this is to make sure 'BlackBerry protect' is turned off on the device and resetting it to factory (wipe device).
    Then you should be able to associate the device with your BBID. Either that or make a call to BlackBerry.

Then I wanted to set up new BBID, so I went to the first email when I initially set up bbid and deleted it. However, I was still not able to set up a new one or change existing (previous) information at BBID section on my phone (I can still see username and email address from deleted bbid account).
    Copy anything important by hand if at all possible

MAKE SURE BB PROTECT IS OFF BEFORE RESETTING!
    01-04-16 07:26 AM
    The only way I can see around this is to make sure 'BlackBerry protect' is turned off on the device and resetting it to factory (wipe device).
    Then you should be able to associate the device with your BBID. Either that or make a call to BlackBerry.

MAKE SURE BB PROTECT IS OFF BEFORE RESETTING!
    Problem is, you need access to your BBID in order to toggle BlackBerry Protect status.
    01-04-16 07:30 AM
    BB Protect is off. But conite mentioned that "A security wipe will require your existing BBID before it logs you into the device for the first time". Is there any chance that I may encounter same problems after security wiping which will prevent me from accessing my old BBID or creating a new one, and, consequently, leave me without BB World and all additional services I had access to via BBID?
    01-04-16 07:32 AM
    It's OFF.
    Can't access my BB ID since the software update, why?-img_20160104_143300.png
    01-04-16 07:34 AM
    BB Protect is off. But conite mentioned that "A security wipe will require your existing BBID before it logs you into the device for the first time".
    Only if BlackBerry Protect is on.
    01-04-16 07:36 AM
    Problem is, you need access to your BBID in order to toggle BlackBerry Protect status.
    Understood.
    01-04-16 07:36 AM
    So, you both agree that Security Wipe is the solution?

And what about my concern - Is there any chance that I may encounter same problems after security wiping which will prevent me from accessing my old BBID or creating a new one, and, consequently, leave me without BB World and all additional services I had access to via BBID?

Is it justified or not?
    01-04-16 07:41 AM
    There is always a chance something may go wrong.

If unsure there is always BlackBerry support.
    01-04-16 07:45 AM
    So, you both agree that Security Wipe is the solution?

And what about my concern - Is there any chance that I may encounter same problems after security wiping which will prevent me from accessing my old BBID or creating a new one, and, consequently, leave me without BB World and all additional services I had access to via BBID?

Is it justified or not?
    Under normal circumstances, if BlackBerry Protect is off, you should be fine. But admittedly, something strange is happening here.

If you have to set up a new BBID on this device, you will lose your paid apps, and your BBM history.

I would call BlackBerry.
    01-04-16 07:46 AM
    Do you know how can I directly contact BB support without calling them? I had troubles finding actual contact online, it is always just rediricting me around their website where I might (but I don't) find the solution.
    And, thank you guys for your involvement in trying to help me!
    01-04-16 07:52 AM
    What I think happened is the BBID associated with the phone wasn't the same as the account XXXXXX@gmail
    01-04-16 08:00 AM
    What I think happened is the BBID associated with the phone wasn't the same as the account XXXXXX@gmail
    Agreed.

As I said before, I think this device is actually using another BBID.
    01-04-16 08:09 AM
    Im using my current email longer than I have my BB, so I'm positive that's the one I used for creating BBID, which I confirmed by finding the original email when I first set up the ID couple of days after purchasing the phone. How can then phone be associated with some other mail or account? :/
    01-04-16 08:19 AM
    Im using my current email longer than I have my BB, so I'm positive that's the one I used for creating BBID, which I confirmed by finding the original email when I first set up the ID couple of days after purchasing the phone. How can then phone be associated with some other mail or account? :/
    If you have that original email for the BBID setup, contact BB and they will troubleshoot you through the problem.
    01-04-16 08:25 AM
31 12