Hi guys,
    I have a problem here, and I hope somebody can help me. I have encryption turned on at my 9700 (OS6 6.0.0.615) using device key and device password.
    Since my 9700 keep running low on memory, I do a wipe device data. I regulary did this.
    But this time, my 9700 has encryption turned on.
    And the problem is, even after I restore the data using desktop software, I still can't access the encrypted files.
    It still at the same device, and same password. But it seems the device key is missing and can't be restored.
    Anyone have an idea or sollutions ?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 09:34 PM
    I can't see anything in the help files for encryption that would explain your problem. Is it possible you inadvertently selected the option to delete the media files when you performed the wipe?
    09-03-11 10:09 PM
    Sorry for your loss. Wiping the device and not thinking about decrypting everything on the memory card was a big mistake. I don't do any such thing, cause that happened to me before, and likely countless more.

09-03-11 11:01 PM
    I done that once but it just asked for my old password every time that I rebooted
    09-05-11 11:18 AM
    Hi guys,
    I have a problem here, and I hope somebody can help me. I have encryption turned on at my 9700 (OS6 6.0.0.615) using device key and device password.
    Since my 9700 keep running low on memory, I do a wipe device data. I regulary did this.
    But this time, my 9700 has encryption turned on.
    And the problem is, even after I restore the data using desktop software, I still can't access the encrypted files.
    It still at the same device, and same password. But it seems the device key is missing and can't be restored.
    Anyone have an idea or sollutions ?

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

That is the reason why. You wiped out the encryption seed required to decrypt your data. Good job....
    09-05-11 12:48 PM
    If you have your memory card encrypted along with your phone, when you wipe the device, or even switch devices, youbwill notbbe able to access anything on the memory card after that point. I suggest turning the encryption on the card OFF, if possible, prior to a device wipe. It is almost certainly now too late to save your memory card data.
    09-05-11 07:59 PM
    Is it poss to roll back the phone by useing a backup file, probably a daft thought.
    Would that put the encryption seed back in via personal data or even restore the card etc
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 09-06-11 at 02:52 AM.
    09-06-11 02:50 AM
    Is it poss to roll back the phone by useing a backup file, probably a daft thought
    Why not? Give it a shot!

09-06-11 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD