So I hooked up my phone up to the computer and loaded the desktop manager and there were a ton of udpates avaialable. I started the update and after about 10 minutes it got to the "loading os" part and then said "Desktop Manger cannot update your BB device." I unplugged and turned my phone on.

A white screen pops up and says reload software: 507

I cant turn the phone off and nothing happens when I connect to my computer.

Advice?
    12-29-09 12:16 PM
    12-29-09 12:19 PM
    Hmm, that dosen't seem to be exactly what i am experiencing. I don't get an hourglass.

Also, I am not using a windows computer. Thank you though. Any other suggestions?
    12-29-09 12:30 PM
    507 means there is no OS installed on the phone. If you're not using windows and using something like Mac, look in the Mac forum for how to restore a nuked blackberry or use BBSAK to restore your OS.
    12-29-09 12:33 PM
    usually 507 means there is no OS installed on the phone. If you're not using windows and using something like Mac, look in the Mac forum for how to restore a nuked blackberry or use BBSAK to restore your OS.
    alrighty, thanks : )
    12-29-09 12:35 PM
    Hmm, that dosen't seem to be exactly what i am experiencing. I don't get an hourglass.

Also, I am not using a windows computer. Thank you though. Any other suggestions?
    Not Windows could mean several things, but only Windows and Macintosh are currently supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Your BlackBerry JVM 507 means all is well, but it does not have the OS software installed.

You have two choices, find a Window or Macintosh computer, or manualy download and install the most current OS software.

12-29-09 01:05 PM
    Not Windows could mean several things, but only Windows and Macintosh are currently supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Your BlackBerry JVM 507 means all is well, but it does not have the OS software installed.

You have two choices, find a Window or Macintosh computer, or manualy download and install the most current OS software.

I am on a mac.How can I download and install the most current software if it cannot read my phone? Thanks for the help : )
    12-29-09 01:21 PM
    To be honest with you, I don't know if you can. I am Windows user.

Reciently, RIM added Macintosh support to BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The critical feature was support for Applications Loader. That is the program that does the actual work.

Right now, you are faced with troubleshooting your Macintosh issues while your BlackBerry is sitting there dead, or renting 1 hour of time on a Windows computer at a coffee shop and troubleshooting later.
    12-29-09 01:47 PM
    Did you get this fixed? I just got this problem as well. And I am on a Mac.
    01-17-10 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD