Hi All,

Okay so recently I have been trying to get my school email set up with new Blackberry Bold, I have my school email (which ends with @conncoll.edu (it is a gmail apps domain)) connected on my AT&T BIS and I am able to send emails from my phone but for some reason I cannot receive them??

I searched the forums for a while and found what I though was a solution... I went into my BIS and set my filters to: Apply Filter When-New Mail Arrives and then I changed it from Do Not Forward Messages to Device to Forward Messages to Device. I thought this would do the trick and it hasn't.

I then tried using the help feature on my phone and it said to go to my @conncoll.edu email on my Bold and then Menu>Options>Email Settings> Message Services>Send Email to Handheld>Yes... but for some reason when I go to Email Settings I don't have a "Message Services" option or a "Send Email to Handheld" option.

Any help with this would be huge, I have been looking through all of these forums and the WWW and cannot find anything to help me... Thanks in advance
    07-02-09 10:57 PM
    Makes sense if it was set to 'do not forward'. Kinda stumped why it's not forwarding after the change however. Perhaps send service books from the same BIS login and then if it still doesn't work try the old battery pull. Then send a test e-mail and see if it reaches the phone.

Only thing I'm unclear on is the gmail reference you made. There are issues with the non-IMAP version (older version) of Gmail causing issue. Not sure what you're saying with the Gmail apps domain though to be honest. Do you log into Gmail or no?
    07-02-09 11:53 PM
    Did some quick research on the Gmail apps thing and I see what you mean now but I've never used it so I'm sketchy on what options you have. If you can login to the app, I'd be looking for a setting regarding POP/IMAP. On my personal account, I have no POP enabled and IMAP enabled. I'm guessing this is where your issue lies.
    07-03-09 12:09 AM
    I had the same problem. I had a school email with a gmail domain. I went through everything you did and countless hours with tech support. Heres the solution and it works great for me.

Create a gmail and set it up so your school mail gets forwarded to the gmail and then set up the gmail. Problem solved and your mail will get to you without a problem. This means you will have to organize both emails in a way, but I gave up my school address and I am now using my gmail as a primary. My school email still gets forwarded no problem. Hope this helps
    07-03-09 12:16 AM
    Here's an external link that references what Kilo was saying. Seems like you should be able to get it to the phone without such a workaround but hey, whatever works. This adds a little more insight to the methodology:

Combine your personal Gmail with your Google Apps domain email account � QOMPUTE
    07-03-09 12:24 AM
    I had the same problem. I had a school email with a gmail domain. I went through everything you did and countless hours with tech support. Heres the solution and it works great for me.

Create a gmail and set it up so your school mail gets forwarded to the gmail and then set up the gmail. Problem solved and your mail will get to you without a problem. This means you will have to organize both emails in a way, but I gave up my school address and I am now using my gmail as a primary. My school email still gets forwarded no problem. Hope this helps
    Thanks alot this helps a ton... couple questions...

So that gmail account you created that your school email is being forwarded to did you end up linking that to BIS?

And if so, are you able to send emails on your BB with your @whateveryourcollegeis.edu account or will I have to email my teachers using my @gmail.com because I can currently send emails on my @conncoll.edu account fine...
    07-03-09 12:28 AM
    Here's an external link that references what Kilo was saying. Seems like you should be able to get it to the phone without such a workaround but hey, whatever works. This adds a little more insight to the methodology:

Combine your personal Gmail with your Google Apps domain email account � QOMPUTE
    Thanks alot.

I can't believe that google hasn't figured this out seeing as google apps was designed for business' who want their own domain and probably heavily rely on mobile email...
    07-03-09 12:30 AM
    It's possible that they made the IMAP changes to both regular gmail and the apps at the same time. So if you were able to update the apps, you may get the same effect without the workaround. Again though, I have no experience with the apps so I'm one step behind. If you get a standard gmail account right now however, it's good to go for sure. I do know that much.
    07-03-09 12:34 AM
    Okay, so it seems like this is a great solution because now all my school emails will be pushed to my gmail account which will inturn be pushed to by Bold.

...Now my only other issue is that I need to be able to respond to teachers using my @conncoll.edu account... is there a way I could make this my primary account for responding to any email on my BB (even it comes in on my gmail account) if i keep it linked to BIS regardless of whether its emails are being pushed to me (which they weren't, hence this whole problem)...?
    07-03-09 12:57 AM
    Ok so now I have my gmail and my school account on my BIS and I am just awaiting the arrival of both accounts' emails to my gmail folder on my BB from BIS and I now have the option to to send emails from both accounts... is there anyway I can make my school one my primary for sending so I don't have to change it every time?
    07-03-09 01:06 AM
    yeah i set it up through BIS. Im not sure how to set it up to make the school the primary... personally i just use my gmail email as a response and could care less about my school email. so i dont know if you would have to change it every time. What i have gathered, is that the reason why it doesnt work for us is that our school servers, which are similar it looks like, cant handle the overloading and simply dont work. too much forwarding i guess. anyways, im happy i could help you especially after all i went through. heres my pin if you need anything else: 20F4175C
    07-03-09 08:33 AM

...Now my only other issue is that I need to be able to respond to teachers using my @conncoll.edu account... is there a way I could make this my primary account for responding to any email on my BB (even it comes in on my gmail account) if i keep it linked to BIS regardless of whether its emails are being pushed to me (which they weren't, hence this whole problem)...?
    Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Choose your edu account for messages.
    07-03-09 09:34 AM
    for reasons I still cannot understand BIS still will not forward my gmail to my phone even when I change the filters to forward mail to device. I'm going to delete both BIS accounts and try to start over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 02:28 PM
    yeah i went through everything iowabowtech described and still had issues. the gmail solution has solved it for me. hopefully you get it worked out
    07-03-09 04:57 PM
    Alright I have given up on BIS, I am still receiving no emails on it that were sent to my gmail account... im just going to use the gmail app it lets me respond with my conncoll.edu address and i get both accounts emails on it...

...thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it
    07-03-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD