Hi, I have unlocked at&t bold 9000. I've never registered to the at&t BIS. Now I'm using German O2 and having problem registering to the BIS. There's no email setup icon and whenever I want to register via my desktop, it always says:
    This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider.
    Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches the one provided by your wireless service provider.
    I'm able use BBM though.
    Please help me finding the solution....
    06-04-10 05:21 AM
    Too late..
    06-04-10 05:27 AM
    You need a BlackBerry dataplan with O2 Germany.

I cannot say how O2 in Germany implement this but in the UK (and since O2 are Spanish, it should not be too different) you need to call O2 and as for a BlackBerry dataplan. This will get you BIS.

What will happen is, once you have got O2 to set yup up, you will then be able to log into the German O2 BIS site and enter your IMEI and PIN numbers.

If you go to the Help screen on the BIS site you should send your Service Books. This will enable your browser and email setup on the phone.

After this you should be good to go.
    06-04-10 05:49 AM
    Try this :

Menu - Options _ Advanced Options - Host Routing Table - Menu - Register Now.
    06-04-10 05:50 AM
    Thx for the replies. I've done it all. In fact, my data-plan and the blackberry option are already active.
    I called O2 and they said that they haven't retrieved my PIN on their database yet, they couldn't help me more.
    I can register my BIS only to att.
    06-04-10 06:02 AM
    You are just going to have to be patient, I am afraid. If O2 are waitng for your PIN, then you will have to wait until they get it.

There is nothing else to do.
    06-04-10 06:05 AM
    Try this :

Menu - Options _ Advanced Options - Host Routing Table - Menu - Register Now.
    No way will that work without a BIS plan.
    06-04-10 06:07 AM
    The problem is that it's already been 2 months and I still can't register on German O2 BIS.
    06-04-10 10:58 AM
    It sounds like the guy who sold you the 9000 never contacted AT&T to release the PIN, or he sold you a phone that was reported lost or stolen.

If he sold you a phone that had been reported lost or stolen, then you will never be able to register for BIS.
    06-04-10 11:49 AM
    No way will that work without a BIS plan.
    I know pete ... I assumed he has a BIS plan as he said in his OP that BBM is working .... Thanks anyway...
    06-04-10 01:13 PM
    Yeah, I assumed that the phone isn't working properly. I got it replaced from att because the previous phone had keypad problem. The phone has weird IMEI, it doesn't match with the one on its sticker. Too bad I'm now in Germany and not planning to go back to the state anytime soon. It's making me crazy...
    06-04-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD