Hey guys,

My friend recently got a Bell Blackberry 9300 new. I unlocked it for him and installed OS6 on it. But then I noticed that even if I'm connected to wifi, I still cannot access the web using the wifi. I tried clearing my TCP IP settings, making the browser default to hotspot browser, but nothing is working.

Anyone have a solution?
    01-04-11 12:33 AM
    Does your friend have a BIS Data plan? Also which carrier is your friend using it with?
    01-04-11 12:41 AM
    He doesn't have a data plan. He is on Bell.

I myself don't have a data plan, but I can still roam around using wifi, on the carrier Rogers, on unlocked Bell 9700.
    01-04-11 01:08 AM
    Did the browsing work on wifi prior to install of OS6?
    01-04-11 01:13 AM
    Did the browsing work on wifi prior to install of OS6?
    Nope. I made sure the browser ran off Hotspot Browser, but it still didn't work. I'm thinking the phone is defective?
    01-04-11 01:16 AM
    It might be cause I know it should work but before I had service books installed on my BB without data plan and that was the only way I got a 9700 to work. If you can try find a set of bell service books and installing it cause i know one of the service books is for wifi protocols. Anyways good luck hope you get this resolved cause I'm out of suggestions
    01-04-11 01:17 AM
    Easy way to check if the device has a wifi problem is to connect to a different wifi network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD