i am just sick and tired of canadians ripping on rim.

being canadian you should be proud to have an international company like rim!

i turn on the radio, read the online newspapers and all i hear are negative comments on rim.

it just makes me rage when i see and hear it. rim does so much for the canadian economy. without rim, Canada's tech sector would be so weak.

we and the media should support them! RIM needs to stay Canadian 100%. all these rumors of a US firm buying them is horrible. look at what AMD did to ATI!

Canada should be dam proud to be home to one of the worlds largest companies!

-end rant
    Jake Storm and Neely2005 like this.
    10-12-11 01:49 PM
    Not even a fortune 500 company.....
    10-12-11 01:54 PM
    Not even a fortune 500 company.....
    Might have to do with the fact that RIM isn't an American company
    Neely2005 and Jake Storm like this.
    10-12-11 02:01 PM
    Well my bad.......
    10-12-11 02:03 PM
    Bullcrap. Look at Nortel, I had friends who worked for them and defended them during the first meltdown, and all Nortel did in return is have them train their cheaper replacements and fired them. So Canadian companies are no different than their international counterparts.

So if RIM screws up, Canadian or not, they won't have an ounce of my support, because I'm sure they won't have any loyalty to their employees.
    10-12-11 02:09 PM
    The only companies that get my respect are those who show innovation, work hard at customer satisfaction and support, develop amazing products people feel happy they own, respect their employees, and take care of the environment around them.

If RIM fit's in the above category then they got my respect and support. So what do you think eh?
    Chrisy and bdad14 like this.
    10-12-11 03:22 PM
    Canadian or not, why would anyone want to support a company that's not at the top of their game? In light of the massive outage, why would anyone support a company that can't deliver what makes them stand out from the competition? I say let them fold and make way for the next innovative company.
    bdad14 likes this.
    10-12-11 03:36 PM
    Because RIM is Canadian I expect a higher level out of them, I will be MORE critical of them Being Canadian than I would if they were just another American company, or some Asian company,

I am love my BlackBerry, but am extremely disappointed that RIM's long term outlook didn't have plans in place even for their Business users. they have done little to advance the communications department since 2007, my email on my 9300 is barely different than my 8330, OS7 finally brought email grouping, something that should have been found in 2009, RIM still has yet to make any strides in contact management to make them a key business device, and the calendar has been all but stagnant,

I am still not going anywhere, because even with all of the downfalls RIM still is the best product for me, though I am getting pretty upset having to check webmail all day! and using SMS, though I have still had more Carrier outages than I have had RIM outages in the last 3 years, but that gap just got really really close!
    10-12-11 05:05 PM

i turn on the radio, read the online newspapers and all i hear are negative comments on rim.

it just makes me rage when i see and hear it. rim does so much for the canadian economy. without rim, Canada's tech sector would be so weak.

we and the media should support them! RIM needs to stay Canadian 100%. all these rumors of a US firm buying them is horrible. look at what AMD did to ATI!

-end rant
    LMAO

What car do you drive? What TV do you have? What about all the stuff in your kitchen? What brand of clothes do you wear? etc

Don't even begin to try and guilt trip people in supporting a **** company because they are Canadian. That's the stupidest reason ever. Look at all the stuff you own and tell me if it's Canadian or if it's from a non-Canadian company? I'd bet that 20% of what you own is Canadian while the rest is non-Canadian company products. Should we all go on a pathetic rant about you purchasing something non-Canadian? What a total moronic argument, but why am I surprised, you are a BB user afterall.
    10-12-11 05:44 PM
    Ya and the fact that the Canadian Pension Plan owns 2 million shares of RIM is reason enough for us to support them to get the stock price back up!
    Last edited by FranzJoseph; 10-12-11 at 09:28 PM.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-12-11 05:53 PM
    Yep keep supporting them because they seem to be expanding jobs in Malaysia, Mexico, and eastern Europe while reducing them in Canada. I drive a Honda. Honda is creating jobs in the US while GM is moving as much as they can out. Who is better to give my money to?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-12-11 05:56 PM

There's nothing like good old-fashioned hypocrisy. I read on these boards all the time that analysts and others favor American companies simply because they're American, yet now we have someone saying Canadians should support RIM simply because it's Canadian. Nice.
    10-12-11 05:58 PM
    in a global marketplace, nationalism has no purpose or use.

Sure if ALL of rims employees were canadians and ALL blackberrys were made in Canada (i think less than 10% are made in canada) then you'd have a point... but they are a GLOBAL company in a GLOBAL marketplace, competing with companies from all over the world.

I will buy whatever the best product is, and (almost) objectively, that product is not a blackberry.
    10-12-11 07:02 PM
    RIM is a global company.
    I also have to add this: Not every smart/phone is for everybody, regardless of platform or brand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    moiselles likes this.
    10-12-11 08:09 PM
    No one should blindly support anything and no organization is above receiving criticism.
    10-12-11 08:11 PM
    I'm Canadian, and I support RIM - but who cares?

NO ONE has their own opinions anymore. Everything is exacerbated. If I read every thread in the General Discussion forum, they will all be the same from the OP all the way to the final thread reply. It's either straight-up ******** about the outage, or some Android/iOS user giving their two cents about WHY their wang is bigger because they're NOT a BlackBerry user.

I'm to the point where Facebook is irritating, because of the outage ******** and the Apple hipsters who make witty comments about how amazing today is for technology (in spite of the BIS outage) because some dumb, recycled OS update dropped today. The status updates for BlackBerry are just constant comments whining about the outage, or saying they're getting an Android or iPhone, OR they're demanding compensation, which is even more pathetic! THEN, coming on here to the CrackBerry forums, it's the SAME thing but somehow, no one is getting sick, tired, OR bored of how many threads are started of the same repetitious nonsense - in fact, the threads remain afloat and the cycle continues.

All in all, I don't get where Mr. Consumer thinks their unoriginal opinion matters. I'm just an angry Canadian, who supports RIM, who acknowledges that these things happen as far as outages go, and it has been a rough day of trying to contain my anger about all of the aforementioned things. I don't even care about typos today!
    AZ87, bluetroll, quik4life and 3 others like this.
    10-12-11 09:10 PM
    People need to relax...
    10-12-11 09:27 PM

-end rant
    I am not Canadian but I agree with you. Some people are talking as if RIM is some horrible company that shoudl be shut down ASAP... RIM makes great devices and I am sure they do their part in strengthening their own economy... So Canadians, instead of RIPping RIM down, help build the company up... even if you don't own a RIM device, don't go about bashing your country made company.

I don't expect every Canadian to own a BlackBerry (that's ridiculous) but don't go around making a mockery of a company that belongs to your home land and has done plenty for your homeland.

Just my $0.02...
    Last edited by bounce007; 10-13-11 at 05:57 AM.
    10-12-11 09:51 PM
    I dont agree that because RIM is a global company its any less Canadian. RIM and Nortel have been 2 flagbearers for Canadian technology. One is gone. The other is being slowly murdered by not just the international media, but your very own Canadian media as well. Reuters may be an international news agency, but they have some Canadian roots..you should read some of the stuff to understand how a story can be spun around to make a company look bad. Look at your own Canadian media who seem to love everything non RIM..Unless Canada believes in RIM, why will the world take notice?
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-12-11 10:03 PM

-end rant
    As a Canadian, how can I be proud of a company that came up so fast but is falling even faster? How are you helping them by blindly supporting them??!! just because its a Canadian company we should clap our hands with every mistake they make? Great logic.
    10-13-11 04:03 AM
    Canadians are the only nationality I know, that make a big deal out of a company being "Canadian"... Comes from a lack of self-confidence and jealousy of their big neighbour to the south IMHO...

Seriously, besides jingoistic "support American jobs"-talk, have you EVER heard an American say how they need to support Apple, since it's an American company? Or that you shouldn't critisize Microsoft, since they've done so much for the tech-sector?

Or have you ever heard a Brit, for that matter, talk about how they prefer a cellphone with an ARM-chip in it, since it's a British company? Or a Finn insisting on a Nokia phone? (Massive number of iPhone users there BTW)

Of course not, because it's ridiculous. The tech-sector is an international sector first and foremost.

And no, Canadians shouldn't support a company just because of their nationality, if they don't make competitive and first class products. Otherwise RIM will just end up as a massive, artificially supported weight around the economy.

The company allready suffers enough because of their Waterloo/Southern Ontario base as it is...
    HD123 likes this.
    10-13-11 04:28 AM
    As a Canadian, I have supported RIM since they formed. I currently head up an information services department for a fortune 20 company and we use Blackberries exclusively company wide at our executive/managment levels. All this negative press is being brought about by viral marketing teams working to bring RIM's stock price down in a foreign takeover attempt.
    As Canadians, we need to rally around RIM to protect what is ours, or we are going to lose it.

Long live RIM!!!

Neely2005, quik4life and bluetroll like this.
    10-13-11 04:40 AM
    Canadians are the only nationality I know, that make a big deal out of a company being "Canadian"... Comes from a lack of self-confidence and jealousy of their big neighbour to the south IMHO...

Seriously, besides jingoistic "support American jobs"-talk, have you EVER heard an American say how they need to support Apple, since it's an American company? Or that you shouldn't critisize Microsoft, since they've done so much for the tech-sector?

Or have you ever heard a Brit, for that matter, talk about how they prefer a cellphone with an ARM-chip in it, since it's a British company? Or a Finn insisting on a Nokia phone? (Massive number of iPhone users there BTW)

Of course not, because it's ridiculous. The tech-sector is an international sector first and foremost.

And no, Canadians shouldn't support a company just because of their nationality, if they don't make competitive and first class products. Otherwise RIM will just end up as a massive, artificially supported weight around the economy.

The company allready suffers enough because of their Waterloo/Southern Ontario base as it is...

Please tell me you are from Europe?

When I put made in USA on a Product to sell in the US I can demand a 15% premium over the Made ANYWHERE ELSE even when the products are identical just by saying Made in USA.

Are Ford And Chrysler Guilty Of False Advertising?
    There is an advocacy group called "Made in the USA Foundation" who are pressing Ford and Chrysler about the terminology of their ads!

The USA has had extensive protectionism attempts within the nation, far more than any other western nation.

In Canada being "Made in Canada" does not go very far, and the OP is one of the few that thinks one should blindly follow Canadians are notorious for Making products to export and purchasing lower cost imported items, Canadians are notorious for racing over the boarder to the US to buy what ever they can and bring it back, because keeping the Canadian businesses alive seems to be the last thing on their mind.
    10-13-11 04:56 AM
    Is there even any Fortune20 companys that are exclusively RIM these days?

90-something percent of Fortune 500 companies are either using iOS proiducts or are piloting them right now as I recall...
    10-13-11 04:57 AM
    Is there even any Fortune20 companys that are exclusively RIM these days?

90-something percent of Fortune 500 companies are either using iOS proiducts or are piloting them right now as I recall...

iOS products include the iPad, which has passed the 1 year in market life before Enterprises start evaluating them, so that isn't a surprise, I actually would expect that 99% of Fortune 500 company's have at least some iOS products in pilot projects.

exclusivity with any manufacturer is more and more a thing of the past, which is why RIM is being forced to open BES to other device management
    This relevancy to if Canadians should support RIM or not isn't clear...
    10-13-11 05:04 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD