I don't know what thread it was in- but a while ago there was a question on here about minutes add-ons. I remembered that I saw one somewhere for Canadians that was really cheap but I couldn't find it to save my life at the time.

But I just stumbled upon it

MyUnlimited.ca

Basically if you have a Canadian unlimited incoming or nationwide My5 plan you can add on minutes for what I consider fairly cheap.

10$ for unlimited local
    15$ for unlimited North America (friends in the States anyone?)
    20$ for unlimited World (well...30 countries. But still most of the major ones are on there!)

For people with family/friends out of the country I think this is probably the cheapest way to call them from a cell. I know Rogers charges insane amounts for international calls- and if you're an intense caller, hey- 15$ is only 3 coffees!

Anyways- although not TOTALLY Berry related I just wanted to share...I KNEW I saw it somewhere and I just couldn't find it!
    10-30-08 08:58 AM
    From their FAQ:
    For this service to work and save you the most money possible, you will need to have unlimited incoming or My5/My Faves.
    So it sounds like it has a number you dial thats in your MyFavs sort of thing, so through your provider you don't get charged for the call and then the through them they dial the number you want to call. So I can see how the concept works and sounds like a good idea. I get the feeling though that once the providers catch on they will block services like this....
    10-30-08 11:39 AM
    $15 for 3 coffees? Jesus where are you buying them from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 02:37 PM
    Starbucks! Dude learn the lesson- canadians pay MORE!

And this service is no different than a calling card, they can't block it. I was talking to my friend about it today and he said he's been using it for a year (looked at me like I'd gone insane...). I knew I saw it like a year or two ago. It's run my phones4dtudents.ca

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD