Hi Everyone!!!

There have been a lot of great deals on Priv online lately, they ALL seem to be AT&T versions of the PRIV, meaning they are "unlocked" AT&T phones.

I have been reading now that if you are in Canada, and for example use the Rogers network, that it may be true that we cannot get software updates for this AT&T version phone?

Can anyone who is Canadian and bought an AT&T version of the Priv confirm this?

I just picked one up (hasn't shipped yet) but I am worried that I will not be able to get security updates or the Marshmallow update

Please help answer if you can... I may have to cancel this order and just buy from CrackBerry or ShopBlackBerry to avoid future headaches.. sigh.

Thanks All!!
    05-14-16 11:19 AM
    You're going to be stuck waiting. Heck, for that matter even those on AT&T with an AT&T Priv are currently still waiting for MM, that alone is enough of a reason to just buy an unlocked ShopBB or CB one.
    05-14-16 11:48 AM
    You're going to be stuck waiting. Heck, for that matter even those on AT&T with an AT&T Priv are currently still waiting for MM, that alone is enough of a reason to just buy an unlocked ShopBB or CB one.
    Just checked out the CB store....can you let me know why the unlocked Priv from the US is 6 and change and the other is 8 and change? They are both STV-100-1 iirc. The US one has wireless charging the other not.

Thanks in advance!
    05-14-16 07:41 PM
    Just checked out the CB store....can you let me know why the unlocked Priv from the US is 6 and change and the other is 8 and change? They are both STV-100-1 iirc. The US one has wireless charging the other not.

Thanks in advance!
    Because one is deal of the day and comes with no Canadian warranty after 30-days. The $899 comes with a 1-year Canadian warranty. Read the full descriptions, it highlights the differences, especially the warranty.

Canadian user?  Do you have an AT&T unlocked PRIV? Can you update OS?-screenshot-2016-05-14-21.48.06.png
    05-14-16 07:47 PM
    I have the AT&T unlocked PRIV and am using it in Canada on non-AT&T network. No marshmallow yet*
    05-17-16 01:40 AM