I'm Canadian eh.. And Loyal to BlackBerry. People know that and always tell me I should be a BlackBerry rep. I have 8 BlackBerrys . I wear my BlackBerry cap almost everyday and wear my Priv Hoody often. Lent my Z30 and Leap to both of my sisters.
    What I don't understand why BlackBerry would out source hardware to a company that just puts it on a phone that is already made and add BlackBerry Apps and BlackBerry software. I could buy an IPhone and put a BlackBerry logo over the apple and say it's a BlackBerry.
    I don't want to own a generic brand . At least change the design of the phone cosmetically then approve it.
    Is BlackBerry really loyal to the Brand and the people that are loyal to the Brand?
    Dare to Be different then you will stand out in the crowd, Your a BlackBerry not a Raspberry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(9721108) and RobertP1 like this.
    10-07-16 11:44 PM
    Wow! lol. Well I know I stand out when I put my 9900 on the table at the cafe Interesting to see people's faces.

I've had a few BB's and I felt good that I was using a Canadian device. There was always something special about it for me. But I do feel more "at home" using a BB even now, when I have an iphone sitting and waiting for me to be finished with the old "obsolete" BB that still does everything just fine with all the essential apps and good speed.

The Judge is still "out" on if I consider a Dtek a BB but I know that what I am using now is as pure a Blackberry as snow is to being Canadian.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-07-16 11:59 PM
    In a way, what you say is right. They should have really stood strong in their own feet and promote as strong as they can, their own OS and their own product. Atleast now they are making profit out of software and I gues the number will surely be increasing. Now the identity of BlackBerry Is just its name and security. No more a productive company in terms of handset, which surely is ugly for many of us.

But at the same time, since John held the break strongly on handsets from the beginning, they could climb up faster, I believe. And these model of handset branch, maybe they will put more effort on handset designing process (More conditions to meet) when they have more customers and more money and more deciding power. HOPEFULLY!

But for sure, Real BlackBerry will be MISSED at least for sometime!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2888
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-08-16 12:57 AM
    Canadians, I'm very pleased to hear (read) of your support for BlackBerry. As an Australian (and fellow c'wlth member) I too support BlackBerry, have done so exclusively for 8 years, and will continue to do so in whatever form it evolves.

When it comes to the cost of manufacturing it seems that our respective countries can't compete and that's why stuff we otherwise own in name gets made elsewhere. We all know that cos we're continually told that.

I can understand BlackBerry at this stage of it's fiscal life not being able to produce anymore hardware, irrespective of where it's made.

But what I would have hoped to have seen all along was the Canadian populace avidly supporting BlackBerry through purchases and in spirit, and that apparently didn't happen. From what I understand, and I may be very wrong here, BlackBerry was on the nose for a great majority of Canadians. If true, then that is disappointing.

For info, BlackBerry stopped selling into aus maybe two or three years ago, and won't let us buy directly from any of the bbstores. We have to use mail forwarding agencies. Now that is bizarre!

As commonwealth country members I want that to count for more than what it does with simple purchases, like buying a BlackBerry. It seems that's not how things work, eh!

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    TCB on Z10 and anon(9721108) like this.
    10-08-16 12:59 AM
    Canadians, I'm very pleased to hear (read) of your support for BlackBerry. As an Australian (and fellow c'wlth member) I too support BlackBerry, have done so exclusively for 8 years, and will continue to do so in whatever form it evolves.

When it comes to the cost of manufacturing it seems that our respective countries can't compete and that's why stuff we otherwise own in name gets made elsewhere. We all know that cos we're continually told that.

I can understand BlackBerry at this stage of it's fiscal life not being able to produce anymore hardware, irrespective of where it's made.

But what I would have hoped to have seen all along was the Canadian populace avidly supporting BlackBerry through purchases and in spirit, and that apparently didn't happen. From what I understand, and I may be very wrong here, BlackBerry was on the nose for a great majority of Canadians. If true, then that is disappointing.

For info, BlackBerry stopped selling into aus maybe two or three years ago, and won't let us buy directly from any of the bbstores. We have to use mail forwarding agencies. Now that is bizarre!

As commonwealth country members I want that to count for more than what it does with simple purchases, like buying a BlackBerry. It seems that's not how things work, eh!

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Yes, I felt very at home in Australia and New Zealand. There are many similarities between Australia and Canada.
    However, as far as I know, Canada is still and has most likely always been BlackBerry's largest user base.
    10-08-16 05:05 AM
    However, as far as I know, Canada is still and has most likely always been BlackBerry's largest user base.
    I thought it was Indonesia now.

*ME173X
    10-08-16 09:20 AM
    Maybe in total numbers but not percentage of the market.
    I did not see as many BlackBerry phones this year in Indonesia as two years ago. The number is certainly dropping in Indonesia, too.
    10-08-16 02:08 PM
    Outsourcing is the wrong word. As is often the case with Chen, he chose a confusing and misleading word.

The question is would you rather see other phone manufacturers license the BB software and brand, or would you rather see no more BB branded devices. That's the choice that BB is facing.
    10-08-16 05:37 PM
    Outsourcing is the wrong word. As is often the case with Chen, he chose a confusing and misleading word.

The question is would you rather see other phone manufacturers license the BB software and brand, or would you rather see no more BB branded devices. That's the choice that BB is facing.
    IBM Thinkpads had a great reputation when IBM owned and manufactured these notebook computers. After the sale to Lenovo the quality has steadily declined and the malware pre-installed began to appear often planted by Lenovo themselves. BlackBerry risks the same dilutation of high-quality design, workmanship, and reputation. BlackBerry has not been a Canadian company since it relocated the majority of its management and operations to the United States years before the eventual collapse of their smartphone marketshare. Heck, John Chen refused to move to Canada when he was hired as CEO. I still use a BlackBerry smartphone because I need a physical keyboard.
    10-08-16 06:51 PM
    Canadian here, and not am I only loyal to BlackBerry but also suffer from loyalty to the Leafs, Argos, and general under dogs everywhere.

Go Jays Go!
    10-08-16 07:45 PM
    IBM Thinkpads had a great reputation when IBM owned and manufactured these notebook computers. After the sale to Lenovo the quality has steadily declined and the malware pre-installed began to appear often planted by Lenovo themselves. BlackBerry risks the same dilutation of high-quality design, workmanship, and reputation. BlackBerry has not been a Canadian company since it relocated the majority of its management and operations to the United States years before the eventual collapse of their smartphone marketshare. Heck, John Chen refused to move to Canada when he was hired as CEO. I still use a BlackBerry smartphone because I need a physical keyboard.
    Where in the US do you find the majority of their mgmt? Which office?

Are you saying you think it would have been better to just let the Thinkpad brand die?
    10-08-16 07:53 PM
    Fine until the last sentence.
    10-08-16 10:04 PM
    I'm not Canadian, but as much as I love my BlackBerrys I don't feel any sense of loyalty to BlackBerry or any other company. They're just a company, after all, and I know they don't feel any sense of loyalty to me.

But I'm with Toni on this one. As long as there is a phone with a 4-row physical keyboard made or licensed by BlackBerry, I will be using it as my daily driver. I want the best mobile typing experience possible and, for me, there is no substitute for a BlackBerry physical keyboard.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    10-08-16 10:31 PM
    If you are Canadian, and care about the economy, you might be concerned about the jobs lost and the hit to our economy. Can I knock American products in here too? Sounds like fun.
    10-08-16 10:33 PM
    That's how it is in Canada and the United States. Market segments consolidate down to two or three players. Competition stops and government oversight succumbs to regulatory capture. I would be glad to be wrong about this.
    10-08-16 11:20 PM
    That's how it is in Canada and the United States. Market segments consolidate down to two or three players. Competition stops and government oversight succumbs to regulatory capture. I would be glad to be wrong about this.
    Pretty much, and then the monopoly controls everything.

It doesn't mean we have to like it.
    10-08-16 11:25 PM
    I still respect the Japanese method of business. Sony and Subaru should have been bankrupt long ago, BUT the Japanese IDENTIFY the problem, try to correct it and REINVEST in a company.

And they don't just "throw in the towel" so easily like Western companies because they realize markets RECOVER.
    10-08-16 11:29 PM
    I'm Canadian eh.. And Loyal to BlackBerry. People know that and always tell me I should be a BlackBerry rep. I have 8 BlackBerrys . I wear my BlackBerry cap almost everyday and wear my Priv Hoody often. Lent my Z30 and Leap to both of my sisters.
    What I don't understand why BlackBerry would out source hardware to a company that just puts it on a phone that is already made and add BlackBerry Apps and BlackBerry software. I could buy an IPhone and put a BlackBerry logo over the apple and say it's a BlackBerry.
    I don't want to own a generic brand . At least change the design of the phone cosmetically then approve it.
    Is BlackBerry really loyal to the Brand and the people that are loyal to the Brand?
    Dare to Be different then you will stand out in the crowd, Your a BlackBerry not a Raspberry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Let me give you the sad truth to this, just like us Americans. You Canadians want to be paid a fair and living wage. So poof............over seas.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-09-16 07:00 AM
    I always supported BlackBerry with hard earned dollars and backing until they stopped supporting me with no updates and
    no BB10 devices and by the way what kind of car do you and your neighbours drive good chance it's off shore however Go Jays . Canadian Loyalty to BlackBerry?-bluejays.jpg
    10-09-16 07:01 AM
    Closed for review.
    10-09-16 09:22 AM
    [WARN]
    Let's skip the bickering, please! It's fine to discuss, debate and disagree -- but keep the discission civil.

A number of inflamatory comments (and where they were quoted) have been deleted.[/WARN]

/open
    10-09-16 09:39 AM
    As a Canadian, I do feel a bit of pride sporting a BB but I'm not sure how I feel about the new phones being made elsewhere. The design is still from BB so I'll consider it a BlackBerry.
    10-09-16 10:04 AM
    As a Canadian, I do feel a bit of pride sporting a BB but I'm not sure how I feel about the new phones being made elsewhere. The design is still from BB so I'll consider it a BlackBerry.
    BB phones have been "made" elsewhere for well over a decade. BB was just the designer. More recently, BB has let their partners design the phones too (Z3, Leap, DTEKs), and soon BB's only involvement will be licensing the name and depositing a check.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-09-16 11:55 AM
    Agreed. It is still a Canadian company, there can be no doubt on that. As long as Waterloo gets the $.

If the devices were built here or in the US the cost to the consumer would be astronomical, no one would buy them. They basically HAVE to be built elsewhere, just like everything else, to lower costs.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-09-16 12:06 PM
    Agreed. It is still a Canadian company, there can be no doubt on that. As long as Waterloo gets the $.

If the devices were built here or in the US the cost to the consumer would be astronomical, no one would buy them. They basically HAVE to be built elsewhere, just like everything else, to lower costs.

At least they are, until recently, made in North America. (Mexico) . All the BlackBerry phones I own were made in Mexico. The dteks and Classic are made in China like every other phone on the planet. Some Blackberries used to be made in Canada but as you mentioned, the cost is prohibitive when competing with Chinese made products.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 12:46 PM
28 12