If you only use wifi from the hotel and use BB messenger and such will you get charged?
    02-28-10 11:08 PM
    If you only use wifi from the hotel and use BB messenger and such will you get charged?

No.
    Are you in Vancouver for the olympics?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 11:22 PM
    Bare with the story, you'll understand in a second.

My wife was having trouble with her S1, so I took my old S1 and turned it on to her phone. She proceeded to get my old S1 wet, but didn't tell me, and was having trouble. To test it, I turned back on her S1, turned off my S2 and turned my number back onto my old S1. I knew I wasn't going to leave it on for more than a day, so I didn't change my email addresses and stuff like that. not used to using my S1, I had both phones sitting here on my computer desk, I grabbed my S2 (remember that had been turned off) and began browsing the web and checking my weather forecast and stuff like that. It was only when I tried to send a text sms when I realized the phone wasn't "on" but it was only WiFi. I thought it was great that the S1 was the "working" phone and I was able to do everything WiFi based with no problem on my S2...

So, with that experience I realized that it doesn't matter if you are actually turned on with the phone, the WiFI operates independent of the Verizon (or whatever) network. Pretty cool huh? Hope you enjoyed the story!
    02-28-10 11:30 PM
    Yes except for voice and text
    02-28-10 11:56 PM
    Cool. No I am not in Vancouver. I wish... I just fly a lot to canada and the hotels have wifi. Thanks for the info. I love being able to BB on it even though the phone is turned off.
    03-01-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD