05-22-11 03:33 PM
32 12
tools
    I have 6GB for $30 from Rogers. But for those in the big cities, Mobilicity offers a $40 plan with has unlimited airtime AND data! It even includes unlimited global sms. Too bad their coverage sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 12:42 PM
    I have a pretty good deal with Virgin Mobile Canada, I've got unlimited data, 200 minutes talk time with unlimited to 5 BFs and best of all unlimited texting international to USA (all for $65/month)which is my primary concern because my sister is in Texas now.
    I do have to keep track of my billing though because every so often some over zealous watch dog in the Virgin Mobile decides to move me to one of their current plans which immediately pops my bill up to $100+ So far they've always corrected the error.
    The downside is I have only one year left on this 3 year plan so I will be hunting for the unlimited international texting plan (plus 500 mb to 1 GB) from whichever carrier offers the best deal.
    05-22-11 02:44 PM
    No SAF for Rogers and Fido too. (Rogers just axed it and it applies to new plans I think.)

65.00 gets me unlimited minutes anytime Canada & US, 6gb data, unlimited texts Canada & US, VM, caller ID and some other small things.
    I was wondering when they axed the SAF??

I'm still charged that on my plan(s) and now I'm thinking I need to call them up and complain if they've axed it and then kept charging people until they complain...

Kind of like a Shaw cable thing, I think???
    05-22-11 02:52 PM
    Does the States really have unlimited or is it unlimited in name only? I remember hearing somewhere that there's a cap in the fine print.

5-6gb is as close to unlimited as you're going to get and more than what most average users need.
    I have unlimited on vzw and use 8-10 gbs a month on my DX. I've never received an email or any notification that I am using too much nor have a ever experienced data throttling.

So yes, there are unlimited plans.

05-22-11 03:11 PM
    I was wondering when they axed the SAF??

I'm still charged that on my plan(s) and now I'm thinking I need to call them up and complain if they've axed it and then kept charging people until they complain...

Kind of like a Shaw cable thing, I think???

Phone Rogers retentions, ask about their current plans and about the new plans that have no SAF. If you have a good plan already, they may credit the SAF to you every month.
    Good luck
    Snick Snack likes this.
    05-22-11 03:13 PM
    My $6.95 system access fee was changed in November to $2.36 government regulatory fee. That's when I called Rogers saying I wanted to cancel and switch to Mobilicity.

05-22-11 03:29 PM
    Yeah I know I've been with them for about 2 years now (fido and rogers) but I said that because that's what was keeping me from signup with them in the first place but now I'm jealous lol. Btw how'd you get such an awesome plan unless you've been with Rogers for a long time.

I've been with Rogers for about 7 months.

I get unlimited anytime minutes, when calling from Canada to anywhere in Canada and the US
    Unlimited txting, from Canada to Anywhere in Canada and the US
    6GB data in Canada
    $1/MB of data when in the US
    Call display/VM/call waiting
    For just under $100 with taxes and everything

Shave off my USA needs and it would be around $85
    You just need to call Rogers rententions after 6 months, it is easy to deal

05-22-11 03:33 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD