Anyone else find it messed up how RIM, a canadian company has allowed the states to get things before us canadians such as devices like the torch, apps like the new radio app posted today and most likely (which wouldn't be a surprise) the playbook? Its not like they don't know that canadians want to be the first ones to get their hands on products from a canadian company but if we want to be the first ones to get it, we need to somehow get it from the states. Stupid yes? Anyone else agree?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 12:21 PM
    Ok WHO pays them the most for their products????
    02-03-11 12:29 PM
    It would be even better if we got things world wide

There is life outside USA despite what the Americans would have you believe
    02-03-11 12:54 PM
    Nope, not at all. It's that way for a reason.
    02-03-11 12:56 PM
    Anyone else find it messed up how RIM, a canadian company has allowed the states to get things before us canadians such as devices like the torch, apps like the new radio app posted today and most likely (which wouldn't be a surprise) the playbook? Its not like they don't know that canadians want to be the first ones to get their hands on products from a canadian company but if we want to be the first ones to get it, we need to somehow get it from the states. Stupid yes? Anyone else agree?

There have been some phones that came out in Canada first. I think the 9700 was one. There were threads from Americans complaining that Canada go it first. It's all about deals with the Carriers.

As for the new radio app you can blame the CRTC for that one. It's not RIM
    Last edited by rick0415; 02-03-11 at 01:03 PM.
    02-03-11 12:59 PM
    Good point Rick! And sometimes Europe is first too!
    02-03-11 01:03 PM
    It would be even better if we got things world wide

There is life outside USA despite what the Americans would have you believe
    If there was a bigger, better, more profitable market, RIM would tap that first. Any profit-minded corporation would.

02-03-11 01:12 PM
    There have been some phones that came out in Canada first. I think the 9700 was one. There were threads from Americans complaining that Canada go it first. It's all about deals with the Carriers.

As for the new radio app you can blame the CRTC for that one. It's not RIM
    The best example is the Bold 9000. It was released in Canada months before it became available in the USA. However, the initial release OS was clearly "Not ready for prime time".

The customers, the carriers, determine when a model will be supported, not Research in Motion.
    02-03-11 02:26 PM
    USA = ~300 million consumers
    Canada = ~30 million consumers

isn't it obvious?
    02-03-11 02:29 PM
    USA = ~300 million consumers
    Canada = ~30 million consumers

isn't it obvious?
    China = 1,331,460,000
    India = 1,155,347,678
    02-03-11 02:39 PM
    China = 1,331,460,000