Hello Dear BB Friends,

Can BB Messenger be COMPLETELY removed? I've had my Curve for 2 years now and have never used it. For some reason, over the past several days, I have been receiving tons of requests thru Messenger. I have no idea why. I don't know any of the people making the requests, and one was in another language! I've found several tips online to get rid of it but nothing works. I don't understand why BB doesn't give you an easy option to turn this feature on or off. Please help... I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Thank you.
    12-28-11 09:59 AM
    Good question I too have wondered that. I am not getting requests from unknowns, now and then someone from BBM Music but that is about it. If you are using BBM Music those requests may be coming from there. I like you am the last of my friends/family who is on a BB. I don't know of a single person in my group who uses a BB. Sad .
    12-28-11 10:03 AM
    Go to options on your homescreen menu,
    Within options, you will find the applications option.
    When you open the applications,
    Click BlackBerry Messenger which will be sorted by alphabet and you will find the option to delete it
    12-28-11 10:03 AM
    ColdSunshine, I've already tried that option... my Messenger shows up in "Core" and when I click on it there is no option to delete like the programs in "Third Party"
    12-28-11 10:17 AM
    Connect to Desktop Manager, click on applications and you can uninstal it from there.
    12-28-11 10:22 AM
    Connect to Desktop Manager, click on applications and you can uninstal it from there.
    On some devices that is possible, but on others the BBM is in the dreaded "grey" color, which means its not available for delete
    12-28-11 10:29 AM
    On some devices that is possible, but on others the BBM is in the dreaded "grey" color, which means its not available for delete
    If it isn't removeable, use a shrink tool to remove BBM's modules then reload the OS via apploader. OS will be installed without BBM.
    12-28-11 11:04 AM
    .. Yes you can.. 3 ways of doing that..

First Method..
    Manually delete the blackberry Messenger cods from the loader folder (that's in the program files for XP / program files (86X) for Win7).. After that let DM do the rest..

Second Method..
    Find a blackberry messenger installer (the cods which comprises the app) and have it ready in the PC/Laptop.. Import it using the DM as if you're installing an app.. DM will tell you that it has been installed and it will give you the option to uninstall..

Third Method - advance user only..
    Use programs like BBSAK or HybridTools to delete the cods directly from your handset.. Mind you, know what you're deleting..

Goodluck guys.. CMIIW...

BlackBerry 9930 on Tapatalk
    12-28-11 11:08 AM
    I found the easiest way for me was to sign up for Blackberry Beta Zone, download the app which is usually different from what is on the phone. After you download it, you should be able to delete it options>device>application management.
    12-28-11 11:52 AM
    You can download it via the phone's browser. Here's the US download link:

BlackBerry - Messenger - BBM an Instant Messaging App

It will then not be in the core. This will work, even if the version # is the same. There's no need to join the beta zone to do it. You could also do the same through App World.
    12-28-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD