Hi all,

I am a new Blackberry user. Right now by default, the Messages app shows both my new emails and missed calls. Is there a way to separate these?

Thanks.
    02-27-09 04:22 PM
    phone (press green call button once)
    menu
    options
    call logging : NONE

--To view recent calls: press green call button once.

--To view Call Log: Messages-menu-view folder-call logs
    02-27-09 04:24 PM
    Thanks for the info, but I'm sorry, I didn't state that correctly. I meant I still want to be able to see the missed calls in the Message app, but I want my emails to appear only in my separate email app. So is there a way to have my emails not appear in the Messages app?

Thanks!
    02-27-09 04:29 PM
    All emails from all accounts appear in Messages. I think that is immutable :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 04:32 PM
    hide your messages folder (this is a catch all folder)

options
    SMS and Email Boxes: Separate

this will create a sepatate box for your emails and another for your sms/mms. then you can still view your calls in the recent calls list or the call log.

not sure if this is excatly what you are looking for though....
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-27-09 at 04:42 PM.
    02-27-09 04:38 PM
    hide your messages folder (this is a catch all folder)

options
    SMS and Email Boxes: Separate
    Best option in my opinion. You will then get a SMS/MMS icon, hide messages and work from the right folder accordingly. phone-phone, sms-sms etc.....
    02-27-09 04:42 PM
    Awesome, I think I got it now. I didn't realize there was a Call Log app, and so I was using the Messages app to see missed calls. Thanks Chrisy!
    02-27-09 04:51 PM
    OK, one more thing, heh. Is there a way to control which app icon will show an asterisk when there is a new msg? I liked how the Messages app icon would do that, but my email icon doesn't do it.

Thanks a bunch!
    02-27-09 05:02 PM
    it should - i know myne do. i always get 2 stars. one on teh messages and one on the email folder
    02-27-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD