If I hook my BB up to a printer can I print from? I am thinking that you can't, but curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 06:27 PM
    If you are hooked to a computer via usb and your computer is hooked to a printer you can print documents you have saved from your BB but that's the only way I know of.

10-29-09 06:52 PM
    If I hook my BB up to a printer can I print from? I am thinking that you can't, but curious.
    direct USB hookup from the BB to a printer would require drivers on the BB to tell the phone how to talk to the printer.

it's not impossible, but I don't believe it exists right now (also would be rather impractical, as each printer type would have to have it's own driver).

I could see something like this happening on some enterprise-level printing system like from Xerox or whatnot, though. Not using drivers to a printer, but some software conduit on the BB that would send a file to a gateway that would have drivers to a printer.
    10-29-09 07:00 PM
    You could try RemotePrint from Chocolate Chunk Apps:

Remote Print | Chocolate Chunk Apps
    10-29-09 07:10 PM
    there ya go, nice.

and yeah uses a print server.. not that I have really a need for that, but it sucks for non-BES Tour owners like me hehe.
    10-29-09 07:17 PM
    Wow, nice.

Next time I won't offer a suggestion. Good luck in your quest. I hope you find what you're looking for.
    10-29-09 07:20 PM
    Wow, nice.

Next time I won't offer a suggestion. Good luck in your quest. I hope you find what you're looking for.
    oh I didn't mean it like that, I just said it sucks for us non-wifi/BES guys. the OP may very well have BES for all I know.
    10-29-09 07:23 PM
    Here is a link to a product that might help Tour users.. http://http://handheld.softpedia.com...ry-34159.shtml

Here is another one featured earlier this year...
    Print from your BlackBerry to Bluetooth enabled printers

Have not tried out either one, so curious to know if they work. But per Appworld, a Tour user has have a BES connection to use Remote Print.

This one looks intereseting...even Adam Zeis of Crackberry likes it...
    Tazzle IT: View. Print. Send.
    Last edited by trjnberry; 10-30-09 at 03:45 AM. Reason: URL address error
    10-30-09 03:42 AM
    I've used Tazzle IT. Works pretty slick if you don't mind the cost involved and can connect to a PC.
    It can also send files (i.e., messages, attachments) to the attached pc.

10-30-09 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD