Newb here... so please be gentle with me!

Using Desktop Mgr 4.5 and trying to figure out how to make the application either launch or maximize when the device is plugged in via USB to a PC.

And also trying to understand what to do with BB Device Mgr. Having a hrad time finding anything about it.

Thanx
    10-29-08 03:03 PM
    You don't have to do anything with BB Device Manager. Desktop Manager loads it as needed. You can run it manually from the BlackBerry Programs folder. When you double-click it, it will launch into the system tray. Double-clicking on the icon in the system tray will run it. When you see it, you'll see that its settings are largely self-explanatory.

You can launch Desktop Manager when your system boots up, but I don't recommend it. It just makes booting up take longer. I don't know any way to make it launch when you plug in the BlackBerry to a USB port.
    10-29-08 09:34 PM
    You knonw...since were kind of on the subject. Has anyone tried making an autorun.inf and using that to execute desktop manager? I would think if you really wanted to you could just make a .bat file.
    10-29-08 10:55 PM
    You knonw...since were kind of on the subject. Has anyone tried making an autorun.inf and using that to execute desktop manager? I would think if you really wanted to you could just make a .bat file.
    Probably, but how is that any better or easier than just double-clicking the app icon when you want to run it? If you want to have Desktop Manager start everytime you boot your PC, you can enable that option, but booting will take longer.
    10-29-08 10:59 PM
    Lol, I agree with you Jeff. I was just thinking outside the box. Since the OP has a curve I cant really see them needing to use DM much anyhow. But, a nicley placed .bat file could make things a little easier if all you had to do was plug your berry in and DM loaded.
    10-29-08 11:41 PM
    Ahh, I understand now. Give it a try. If you can make it work, you can post a bat file here.
    10-29-08 11:45 PM
    OK. I have a solution if anyone wants to have desktop manager open automatically when they plug in thier berry.
    1: Downlaod and unzip the files to your desktop.
    2: Plug in your blackberry and go to computer and double click removable drive.
    3: paste the files the root of the drive(only folder you should see is blackberry)
    4: Unplug the device and plug it back in again.
    5: Go back to computer and right click on removable drive. Open autoplay and set autoplay defaults.
    6: Select software and games and set to install or run program. Now when you plug in your device it should start the desktop manager.

I tried this on a vista machine with an 8320 curve. I havent tested it out on xp as of yet but I'll do so soon.
    Last edited by rlp32; 10-30-08 at 11:33 AM. Reason: ooops forgot to add the files.
    10-30-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD