Hi, Blackberry user for years. I've always wanted this, but never really researched it. Is there a way to customize the order of commands in certain menus. Example:

I locate a contact and hit the menu key, the first choice I want is SMS text this contact. Not have to scroll down to choose that or press S to navigate down to it. Basically reorder the menu options.

Secondly, if I can get a phone call from a number that is not in my address book, and I hit add to address book, it ALWAYS defaults to office number, and it is usually a mobile number, and it is very cumbersome to copy/paste/delete the number from the two fields. Can I make it default to mobile number?

Can these customizations be done???
    06-24-08 11:56 AM
    Sorry, no and no. Many people would like the option to specify the default field when adding a number to the address book. And while we're wishing, it would also be nice to be able to add a number to an existing contact, not just add a new contact.
    06-24-08 01:57 PM
    That would be amazing to have BOTH of those features... but no

I really wish though!
    06-24-08 02:04 PM
    You can't re-order the menu's, but at least hitting the first letter of the option you want will get you there quickly....you have to hit it multiple times if there are multiple entries that start with that letter.
    06-24-08 02:09 PM
    Sorry, no and no. Many people would like the option to specify the default field when adding a number to the address book. And while we're wishing, it would also be nice to be able to add a number to an existing contact, not just add a new contact.
    Agreed, the lack of that option is also kind of, really annoying!!
    06-24-08 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD