Is their any hacking for bb10. I also want to root its android run time to install root android apps
    I know bb10 is much sequre os but
    is anyone knows about any bb10 hacking
    Like jail break of ios7

posted via Q10
    10-10-14 01:02 AM
    No and no... a lot have tried and failed.. if you manage to do it, prepare to be assassinated by John Chen :P

The most close to a hack you can get is installing modified apks of your game like a version with unlimited coins and so on..
    Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.634
    10-10-14 01:07 AM
    Haha great

posted via Q10
    10-10-14 01:17 AM
    Yeah, others have tried rooting tools on the runtime, but you have to remember that the runtime is NOT an OS. There is nothing to root on the runtime. And, the runtime itself is sandboxed from the actual BB10 OS.

Sure, there are hooks from the runtime to certain parts of BB10, buts it's only the same user info that any app can tap into - things like the calendar, contact lists, and the user files on the device memory and SD card, if there is one.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:22 AM
    tbh i think you'll never see a rooted blackberry 10. like its been said the runtime isnt a os so it cant be, i doubt it will ever be hacked either im asumming its impossible

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:33 AM
    I also think that bb10 is much sequre and BlackBerry is selling sequirty haha
    I think their is no hacking for bb10. Even their are no websites which can give I. Bar files for free like apk apps hah

posted via Q10
    10-10-14 11:43 AM
    I think a lot of people have the wrong idea of what rooting an Android device actually is. To root an Android device you need access to wright files into the /system partition on the device, either by having an unlocked bootloader or by exploiting an un-patched security flaw; those files will be the ones that allow commands to run as superuser ("su" for short).

In BB10 we literally can't write files to the /system partition of Android because the runtime is only really 2 files in itself. The only way it's conceivable to have a rooted Android runtime is if the runtime was modified and rooted from the source (BlackBerry themselves, but don't hold your breath); no one other than BlackBerry would be able to modify the runtime and sign the bar files to install and run on a BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie and sentimentGX4 like this.
    10-10-14 01:25 PM
    The topic at hand is whether a kid, sitting on his computer at home, can gain root access to and/or jailbreak the OS. Of course the answer is obviously yes for Android, and luckily also yes for Apple (only way to make that brutally limited OS usable for anyone with half an ounce of curiosity). As for BlackBerry.... not so much.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:13 PM
    Aside from the FUD here, you're all off topic.

Can we root Android run time of BlackBerry 10 and is their another hacking like ios jail break?

No. <-- This is the answer right now to the OP's question.

Cut back on the confusion and get to the heart of the question. The OP doesn't give a damn about carrier backbones, carrier software or any other already addressed concerns / plugged holes.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-10-14 04:16 PM
    Aside from the FUD here, you're all off topic.

Can we root Android run time of BlackBerry 10 and is their another hacking like ios jail break?

No. <-- This is the answer right now to the OP's question.

Cut back on the confusion and get to the heart of the question. The OP doesn't give a damn about carrier backbones, carrier software or any other already addressed concerns / plugged holes.
    Correct, I should have started my original post in this thread specifically answering the OP's question, but got into explaining why it can't be rooted instead. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:21 PM
    Actually there is proof and its even acknowledged by the moderators

Stop being blind
    Open your mind
    Blackhat August 2014 a full demonstration and articles

Fem2cell is real and unblockable because it's a baseband attack
    and goes thru the same signal as your cellphone routing tables
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    Femtocell is a bandwidth booster that CAN be hacked... by doing so you can track a user's activity on their connected phone... including meta data, browsing history, and even listen in on live conversations....

Scary indeed.

HOWEVER:

1. You are hacking the stations, NOT the phone. You track everything because signals travel through the stations. Can you block it? Just don't connect to the damn thing!

2. There's a GIGANTIC difference between hacking/rooting a Femtocell or Android OS and hacking a BlackBerry 10 device! Fiddling with the OS is entirely different from tracking someone's activities on a phone.

3. Can you hack into the phone through this method? Seriously? I mean, really?

What a ridiculous statement. Oh, and if I seem condescending... that's because I am being condescending.

You may also want to look up "contemp". I feel nothing but it.

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    10-10-14 04:24 PM
    Did you perhaps mean "contempt"?

Posted via CB10
    DJRikko likes this.
    10-10-14 05:52 PM
    Phi is a ding dong.

#BBFactCheck
    10-10-14 06:22 PM
    Did you perhaps mean "contempt"?

Posted via CB10
    Lol... that's the one. I guess I was typing too fast. Way to undermine my own credibility uh!

CB10 for BlackBerry 10: Z10 on Bell
    10-10-14 07:32 PM
    The topic at hand is whether a kid, sitting on his computer at home, can gain root access to and/or jailbreak the OS. Of course the answer is obviously yes for Android, and luckily also yes for Apple (only way to make that brutally limited OS usable for anyone with half an ounce of curiosity). As for BlackBerry.... not so much.

Posted via CB10
    Some points I would like to make:

1/ Any random kid technically can't "root" Android/iOS. What happens is that a talented modder/developer spends hours upon hours tinkering with the device and providing the kid a neatly packaged tool
    2/ Blackberry devices do not have a root likely because of low userbase/developer interest. Android has a thriving modding community.
    3/ Generalizing an OS like Android as "rootable" is incorrect. It is actually dependent on the hardware/OEM. There are many Android devices with such low interest that there is no root. Also, only popular Android devices have custom ROMs as well.
    10-10-14 09:24 PM
    Some points I would like to make:

1/ Any random kid technically can't "root" Android/iOS. What happens is that a talented modder/developer spends hours upon hours tinkering with the device and providing the kid a neatly packaged tool
    2/ Blackberry devices do not have a root likely because of low userbase/developer interest. Android has a thriving modding community.
    3/ Generalizing an OS like Android as "rootable" is incorrect. It is actually dependent on the hardware/OEM. There are many Android devices with such low interest that there is no root. Also, only popular Android devices have custom ROMs as well.
    See #2 is a terrible assumption. BlackBerry is still used by the most important people, so logically I assume if there's something to root, it would have been rooted for a while now.

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-11-14 08:26 AM
    I will say
    NO

posted via Q10
    10-17-14 10:29 PM