07-01-10 12:05 PM
67 123
tools
    Is it just me... Or, does anyone else think the smartphone debate is getting really TIRED?

Thread after thread is the "same Ole, same Ole." I've sat back and watched (for a while) an informative website reduced to a constant pissing contest! Enough is is enough!

I'm a working man that chose BB because BB does what I need a smartphone to do. I don't have the option to change platforms at will (bills to pay, kids to raise).

I'm not in a position to disparage another platform, I DON"T HAVE THE CASH TO TRY LATEST GREATEST PHONE! I need one that works when I need it to! This is CB right...? Can we please get back to helping BB users and STOP worrying about who's got the best phone?!
    06-29-10 12:53 AM
    I completely agree with you
    06-29-10 12:55 AM
    As long as we can amend your statement
    from BB only to ALL smartphone users, I
    agree

"Can we please get back to helping
    smartphone users...?"
    06-29-10 12:57 AM
    ... and can we PLEASE STOP posting both types of threads. The ones that slam
    other platforms and the one like this one complaining about threads no one forces
    them to read..

Enough IS enough, and it applies to both sides of the argument.
    06-29-10 01:08 AM
    Can I get an AMEN!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 01:13 AM
    Yes, I completely agree ! Finally someone brings up this point !
    06-29-10 01:42 AM
    Couldn't agree more OP! I generally stick up for us good BB users, but this site has progressively gotten worse since rejoining from years ago. Used to be much more chillax and people helping others. We always had the iPhooie fan boi's that came here and debate/argue, but ever since Andriod has become so popular, we have been getting slammed...if you all don't like your berries anymore, fine! Just go to their respective forum....the welcome ones that can at least be civil are welcome...

06-29-10 01:50 AM
    I agree 100%, I miss the old days...
    I find it almost painful sometimes to try to navigate thru all the useless BS threads. I usually just close the browser window, and hope that when I check it later there'll be someone with an actual question looking for help...
    Last edited by elvin1983; 06-29-10 at 07:40 AM.
    06-29-10 07:36 AM
    Can I get an AMEN!

AMEN!!!

(sorry couldn't help it)
    06-29-10 09:39 AM
    I hope we can. I'm a bit embarrassed that I participated in a few of the slamming threads to stick up for BlackBerries. I will try to avoid them in the future and stick to what I do best, help new people.
    06-29-10 09:41 AM
    I agree as well. I'm new to crackberry, but I'm already tired of "RAH OMG BB IS SO OUTDATED. SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY ON [enter other smartphone here]"

I understand that people are frustrated for one reason or another, but we're here because we like our phones and don't need people telling us on a daily basis that our phones suck.

<3 my BB 9000.
    06-29-10 09:48 AM
    I think these threads are just as bad....
    06-29-10 09:52 AM
    ... and can we PLEASE STOP posting both types of threads. The ones that slam
    other platforms and the one like this one complaining about threads no one forces
    them to read..
    Enough IS enough, and it applies to both sides of the argument.
    Couldn't agree more.
    06-29-10 10:26 AM
    Can I get an AMEN!

Amen brotha! BB rulez u all.
    06-29-10 11:53 AM
    Is it just me... Or, does anyone else think the smartphone debate is getting really TIRED?

Thread after thread is the "same Ole, same Ole." I've sat back and watched (for a while) an informative website reduced to a constant pissing contest! Enough is is enough!

I'm a working man that chose BB because BB does what I need a smartphone to do. I don't have the option to change platforms at will (bills to pay, kids to raise).

I'm not in a position to disparage another platform, I DON"T HAVE THE CASH TO TRY LATEST GREATEST PHONE! I need one that works when I need it to! This is CB right...? Can we please get back to helping BB users and STOP worrying about who's got the best phone?!
    I agree with you.

But for the Mods, can you please reel in the people who turn every thread
    into a Blackberry bash
    ???? That is very unproductive.

I always try to be helpful to new members if I can with their questions about
    Blackberrys, which is the main point of this website. Reading all the rants
    is not!
    06-29-10 12:30 PM
    It shows the uncertainty of the community in my opinion. I really don't understand why people sit there and complain about bb, if you're not happy switch to something that will fit your needs. I agree that all the "I left bb because" or "who is leaving with me" are completely unnecessary, but some users here pick fights with such folk and defend the bb platform to the end. I like to be informed of other devices and products, everything does not need to turn into a comparison or contest.
    06-29-10 12:37 PM
    Couldn't agree more

06-29-10 12:38 PM
    Right, just because we're better means people are after us.
    06-29-10 12:39 PM
    Right, just because we're better means people are after us.
    They are so jealous of us.
    06-29-10 12:58 PM
    The way I see it, if Crackberry doesn't come up with a solution to these steamy topic threads then people are going to leave and find a more positive forum. There is only solutions to a topic and I suggest either create a separate forum section called "Battle of the smartphone" or start locking every threads that creates a hostility to the forum members.
    06-29-10 01:11 PM
    Hmmmm.... a positive forum? How would that work? No one could post any
    negative opinions or disagree?
    06-29-10 01:25 PM
    I think these threads are just as bad....
    Mmmmhhhhmmmmmm
    06-29-10 01:55 PM
    Wow...double dipping from two forum moderators. It seems to me that there clearly is an increasing number of BB users who are sick of the bashing. Repeated requests to have a forum that is just FOR the BB bashers. The "I'm leaving BB for.........." posts, the "Andorid rules and BB sucks....." threads, etc.

It is one thing to have a CIVIL debate on the various issues, points, etc. of new devices, we are (or most of us) afterall, tech junkies. I enjoy reading about the relative merits (or lack thereof) of all the phones. I'm not married to BB, I just choose to use BB becuase it does what I want, but I am not blinded by the light, either.

Yeah, yeah, I know, we "have a choice" to read or not read, but more often than not, these people inject their posts into what was, originally, a non-bashing thread. Can we overlook the posts? Sure we can, but that misses the point. A little improvement in moderating plus a specific place (Rants and Raves comes to mind) for putting these posts, makes far more sense. As it is, they tend to diminish the good will, camaraderie and fellowship of like-minded BB users.
    06-29-10 02:15 PM
    Sweet, we've got a thread for rants and raves about ranters and ravers now! Woo hoo!
    06-29-10 02:19 PM
    can i get an amen!

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    amen! Ten char
    06-29-10 02:21 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD