Ya, I'm still laughing about it.
    06-30-10 02:08 PM
    Oh my, I stepped into it this time.

Hey guys, look, Prada is in OT!
    If you so much as mention the previous comment to Prada I will come up to
    Canada and open a #10 can of whoop as_ all over you
    06-30-10 02:10 PM
    We ought to get some of the "soapbox" folks to come over to OT might lighten them up a bit. Wasn't it Madonna (I THINK) who once said, "there's a wink behind everything I do"
    06-30-10 02:13 PM
    If you so much as mention the previous comment to Prada I will come up to
    Canada and open a #10 can of whoop as_ all over you
    Point taken!
    06-30-10 02:17 PM
    We ought to get some of the "soapbox" folks to come over to OT might lighten them up a bit. Wasn't it Madonna (I THINK) who once said, "there's a wink behind everything I do"
    I thought she said "twink"...
    06-30-10 02:37 PM
    Did someone mention Madonna?

Mind you, the fact that I escaped OT only goes to show you that someone fell asleep on cage duty.

PS- Prada is omniscient, and omnipresent here on CB.

Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 06-30-10 at 02:47 PM.
    06-30-10 02:44 PM
    Oh crap...
    06-30-10 02:45 PM
    Ok, so here's a "fact" for you : While (or, to keep some happy, "whilst") I agree with the spirit and intent of what you're saying, I do fear that an attitude like this will cause many--if not most--to feel left out. Let's face it, we have conversations here and to say to people "unless you're an expert or completely knowledgeable on this topic, keep your mouth shut or just ask questions." Most people would walk away. It is human nature to want to be included and to be able to say "hey, I know something here..." (even when they don't). Yeah, I know, misstatements cause misunderstandings and rumors, but that's the nature of the beast.

Of course, each thread could have a "Knowledge Rating" at the top, requiring all participants to take an apptitude test, demonstrating proficiency in specific topic. Only those who pass can post "facts" and all others are restricted to "questions." Sounds a bit tyrannical, no?

And I love how people post about things they can never really know about, and processes that are well above their heads, all the while spouting their own point of view.

If you don't know and "think" you know, then you should be posting a question, not what you believe is fact. Belief and fact are two different things entirely.

This goes for most people in this thread. 'cept AG or he might smack me up the side of the head as he's a mod. So AG is always right too, you all understand?

I have no idea, I'm just rambling now.
    06-30-10 03:05 PM
    Annoying or not, it only detracts if you give in.

This is the interwebz.

Move along, nothing to see here that isn't new!
    06-30-10 03:17 PM
    Ok, so here's a "fact" for you : While (or, to keep some happy, "whilst") I agree with the spirit and intent of what you're saying, I do fear that an attitude like this will cause many--if not most--to feel left out. Let's face it, we have conversations here and to say to people "unless you're an expert or completely knowledgeable on this topic, keep your mouth shut or just ask questions." Most people would walk away. It is human nature to want to be included and to be able to say "hey, I know something here..." (even when they don't). Yeah, I know, misstatements cause misunderstandings and rumors, but that's the nature of the beast.

Of course, each thread could have a "Knowledge Rating" at the top, requiring all participants to take an apptitude test, demonstrating proficiency in specific topic. Only those who pass can post "facts" and all others are restricted to "questions." Sounds a bit tyrannical, no?
    I'm all about tyranny. The more i'm in control th better in fact. But when I talk facts, I mean true facts and not opinionated facts. There's a real difference between believing you know something and actually knowing something.

And it's ok to interject with something like "I may not be the most knowledgeable but here's how i think it works" but not "this is how it works and you suck because" and then spout random things you heard someone say somewhere else. People do this a lot and that's the main problem.

Most phone bashing threads are driven by emotion and misinformation just for the sake of oneupmanship. As funny as it is to read, it's easy to see why everyone gets all upset. I think that's the part which needs careful consideration by the posters. Should I post this because it contains true relevant facts or should i post this because it's really gonna mess with people and it's what I believe.

Belief has no place in logical discourse.
    06-30-10 03:38 PM

PS- Prada is omniscient, and omnipresent here on CB.

Ruh roh, I think I'm in trouble.
    06-30-10 04:45 PM
    [/size][/color]

Ruh roh, I think I'm in trouble.
    Only if he gets the cuffs on you.
    06-30-10 11:24 PM
    Only if he gets the cuffs on you.
    The cuffs don't worry me. It's the Madonna soundtrack, the chaps, whipped
    cream, Gummi Bears and Zorro mask that scare me

That dude is going to kill me for this
    06-30-10 11:46 PM
    I'm not in a position to disparage another platform, I DON"T HAVE THE CASH TO TRY LATEST GREATEST PHONE!...
    So because you don't make enough money to try other phones, you want everyone else to stop debating or discussing the other options available to those of us that CAN afford it?

Sounds like a good idea.
    07-01-10 08:22 AM
    So because you don't make enough money to try other phones, you want everyone else to stop debating or discussing the other options available to those of us that CAN afford it?

Sounds like a good idea.
    That's right... I can't afford to upgrade my cell phone whenever "the mood hits me." Nor do I want to. If you think these pissing matches are "debating and discussing" you must be smoking that xtra cash ya got.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 09:09 AM
    That's right... I can't afford to upgrade my cell phone whenever "the mood hits me." Nor do I want to. If you think these pissing matches are "debating and discussing" you must be smoking that xtra cash ya got.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's priceless. I guess the rest of us should feel bad because you can't afford to or don't want to or can't update your phone?

I find it rather amusing actually you are upset about the "constant pissing" threads yet you create this thread to complain about all the pissing threads... but what I find even more amusing is the fact that you not only partake in the "pissing" threads you also start them, see: What is all the fuss about! or iToy is just not ready for business yet!

So I'm assuming based on your posting history it's only okay for these threads to exist if YOU create them but if others do then you want them to all go away because you can't afford to upgrade?!?
    07-01-10 09:51 AM
    Maybe Crackberry needs a "Debate Room" for all of these threads. Its a
    no-win situation... all these threads end up with people arguing... If the
    Mods lock the threads, people just start new ones...
    07-01-10 12:05 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD