My phone is better then yours! I kid.

I agree. The android user are the worst offender as well as the BB user who complain its old. No one wants to admit their phone is inferior to the others therefore defending it to death...its just human nature.

I agree, mod should just delete this type of thread or make a new forum for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 02:22 PM
    Can we get back to reality?
    I never left.
    06-29-10 02:34 PM
    I think these threads are just as bad....
    Maybe so, but if there weren't for the plethora of BB bashing threads, these threads wouldn't exist. Eliminate the former and you automatically eliminate the latter.

06-29-10 03:37 PM
    I think one of the biggest problems is the quality that RIM is pushing to the masses. Blackberry users, such as myself, see other platforms making leaps and bounds forward with progress, while RIM creeps forward with innovation and not even coming close to matching other platforms. Combine this with poor build quality and releasing phones that are not properly upgradable has left an extremely sour taste in many users mouths.

If RIM could develop phones that were reasonably scale able, like a PC, than I don't think you'd see many of these hate threads. There are plenty of us Blackberry owners who paid full price, if not near full price for a phone that possibly cannot handle the next gen OS, there's going to be an uprising.
    06-29-10 03:52 PM
    I think one of the biggest problems is the quality that RIM is pushing to the masses. Blackberry users, such as myself, see other platforms making leaps and bounds forward with progress, while RIM creeps forward with innovation and not even coming close to matching other platforms. Combine this with poor build quality and releasing phones that are not properly upgradable has left an extremely sour taste in many users mouths.

If RIM could develop phones that were reasonably scale able, like a PC, than I don't think you'd see many of these hate threads. There are plenty of us Blackberry owners who paid full price, if not near full price for a phone that possibly cannot handle the next gen OS, there's going to be an uprising.
    Yes, we know. There are plenty of threads on that topic. In fact, this thread was made to complain about sheer number of threads saying the exact same thing.

Its been said enough. There is no need to repeat it over and over and over again.

06-29-10 04:03 PM
    For the love of all that is holy I don't know how many times I can say this:

The "BB sucks" "Leaving for (pick a phone) and every other noisy exit threads are
    indeed annoying.

The hyper-defensive BB threads are equally annoying.

Regardless of the annoying factor of either they all fall off and drop to the bottom.

For those that are loyal to the site and the platform do you realize that EVERY
    time you create a thread like this you are giving license to the ones you don't like.

But for those of you who feel you must at all cost defend RIM and the BlackBerry
    brand, why? Anything truly good does not need to be defended against perceived
    ignorance.

You will never witness a Lexus owner arguing with someone claiming a Cheverolet is
    a better car. You will never in a lifetime hear a Rolex owner arguing with some
    dolt claiming that his Accutron automatic is of equal quality. They will just shake
    their heads and in my grandmas' vernacular utter "po thang ain't got a lick 'o sense"

Stop feeding the trolls and they will go away. Where are all the threads from last
    week? That's right, falling to the bottom.
    06-29-10 04:25 PM
    I think these kind of threads will continue to run rampant as long as the ex-BB
    users keep trashing all the regular threads.
    06-29-10 04:29 PM
    It would be nice however if Crackberry could be what it was intended to be...
    a forum to discuss Blackberrys and to help new users.
    06-29-10 04:32 PM
    Yes, we know. There are plenty of threads on that topic. In fact, this thread was made to complain about the sheer number of threads saying the exact same thing.

Its been said enough. There is no need to repeat it over and over and over again.

Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-29-10 at 04:36 PM.
    06-29-10 04:33 PM
    AG is right. The best route is to ignore the threads. I struggle with that sometimes but it clearly does no good to enter into the discussion.
    06-29-10 04:35 PM

Stop feeding the trolls and they will go away. Where are all the threads from last week? That's right, falling to the bottom.
    The threads from last week fall to the bottom, but the trolls do not go away.
    06-29-10 04:39 PM
    I think these kind of threads will continue to run rampant as long as the ex-BB
    users keep trashing all the regular threads.
    ...and if you see that happening DO NOT take the bait, which is what they want.
    Just report the thread. Simple. It's get's our attention and it gives them no
    audience. Win-Win
    06-29-10 04:44 PM
    If you don't like BlackBerry, switch to an inferior device ... like iPhone or Android.
    06-29-10 05:06 PM
    If you don't like BlackBerry, switch to an inferior device ... like iPhone or Android.
    And with this, my point should be as clear as a bell
    06-29-10 05:27 PM
    Creating forums for those annoying threads most likely will not help. People don't search in the first place. Look how many threads there are about the 'new hotmail icon' LOL
    06-29-10 05:36 PM
    This is not a coincidence. Look at the family of websites at the bottom of the pages. Show me one of those other phone platform websites that has any significant section to discuss "other phones" The membership of the other sites is a fraction of Crackberry's, so they will let this site fill with iPhone and Android users in order to drive traffic and posting stats which will benefit them.

The constant bickering that comes from trying to combine three different platforms under one umbrella will be what ends up driving people away from Crackberry. I've seen similar things at many sites and I can see it happening here.

Check out the thread for "People who went to Android and came back to BB". and count how many people who DIDN'T come back to BB feeling the need to "provide balance" to the thread...

Time to move the Android section to Android Central and the iPhones to TiPB...
    06-29-10 08:37 PM
    :sad: But I like it here. :sad:
    06-29-10 09:42 PM
    Great post I agree with the OP here
    06-29-10 11:23 PM
    I think one of the biggest problems is the quality that RIM is pushing to the masses. Blackberry users, such as myself, see other platforms making leaps and bounds forward with progress, while RIM creeps forward with innovation and not even coming close to matching other platforms. Combine this with poor build quality and releasing phones that are not properly upgradable has left an extremely sour taste .
    I agree, when it come's to innovation & quality control, Rim appear's to be off to the turtle race's!
    06-29-10 11:43 PM
    Perhaps, but first, the "Quality" issue in the previous post that you responded to, had some mixed metaphors. There's a difference between device "quality" referring to "build quality" and the feature set/specs of the phone.

As much as I love RIM's OS and my Storm 2 (which I do, but not at the expense of saying all other brands are crap) it has been clear that RIM has not been out to be a trend setter or lead the pack with tech specs. There's nothing wrong with that, people need to either accept it or find something else, if they want the latest/greatest. I should add a side note here that I would not be surprised to see RIM make a big move to catch up during the second half of this year, as evidences by the rumored specs of various phones. My phone does what I want it to and does it reliably, so I have no ill will about whether or not it has the latest specs.

As for build quality, that's another matter. As a Storm owner, both the 1 and the 2, I've been pretty tuned in to the problems. While my S1 never had any build issues, I did have the sticky key issue with the 2 and had to have it replaced. Unlike some though, I did not have to have it replaced 4, 5 or 8 times (which I simply cannot accept that is reality). One replacement and the sticking key issue was completely gone.

Take a close look at some of the other devices though, and you'll see that RIM may not be the leader with problem phones, either. Just look at what the iPhone 4 is going through right now! Some of the Android models also have build quality issues. I think one problem for RIM is, if they were simply making ONE phone, it would be easier to get a handle on build quality. But, with so many unique devices, each comes off a different assembly line and thus, each is subject to its own set of issues.

I agree, when it come's to innovation & quality control, Rim appear's to be off to the turtle race's!
    06-30-10 01:19 PM
    And I love how people post about things they can never really know about, and processes that are well above their heads, all the while spouting their own point of view.

If you don't know and "think" you know, then you should be posting a question, not what you believe is fact. Belief and fact are two different things entirely.

This goes for most people in this thread. 'cept AG or he might smack me up the side of the head as he's a mod. So AG is always right too, you all understand?

I have no idea, I'm just rambling now.
    06-30-10 01:28 PM
    I'm a mod too, and remember I carry a big mod stick!
    06-30-10 01:38 PM
    Oh bearded one please!! You know you love yourself some "mod stick"

maybe that was more suited for OT,

or Prada
    06-30-10 01:39 PM
    Oh my, I stepped into it this time.

Hey guys, look, Prada is in OT!
    06-30-10 01:56 PM
    Wow... never expected this thread to go this new direction!
    06-30-10 01:59 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD