I lost my BB Z10 last week i'm trying find my phone with the help of BB protect but the status is pending.... now I have a doubt that will hard resetting the phone or attempting 10 times the wrong password will wipe the phone fully will disable the future of BB protect????
    12-03-14 02:45 AM
    I lost my BB Z10 last week i'm trying find my phone with the help of BB protect but the status is pending.... now I have a doubt that will hard resetting the phone or attempting 10 times the wrong password will wipe the phone fully will disable the future of BB protect????
    As far as my understanding goes, as long as your Z10 is powered ON and connected to the Internet, you can find your device. You can also lock it. If the person who has your device entered the wrong password, the device will be wiped. After the wipe, your device will still ask for the password. That person cannot also use an autoloader because the program will also ask for the password before continuing.
    As far as my understanding goes, as long as your Z10 is powered ON and connected to the Internet, you can find your device. You can also lock it. If the person who has your device entered the wrong password, the device will be wiped. After the wipe, your device will still ask for the password. That person cannot also use an autoloader because the program will also ask for the password before continuing.
    12-03-14 03:40 AM
    ...and the device remains registered to your BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 06:56 PM
    Thank you all. finally i ordered a new BB Z10 can't live with out it ..... but I don't know why that M***** F***** still not turning on my phone
    12-03-14 11:00 PM
    Always put a sim lock on. So even if he switched sims, he shouldn't be able to use it. Idk if factory reset will change that.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:36 AM
    Actually when the phone is wiped you cannot trace it anymore using BlackBerry protect the most likely had it reset. What you should do is call your carrier and give your imei number and have the phone black listed. Hopefully you had a password on your phone and possibly had it encrypted with the memory card. You should just wipe your phone information so they can't get nothing from it call it a lost. With BlackBerry Protect you can make it make a loud noise even for a few minutes but if you have no idea where it is then what's the point. Most likely what they did was remove the battery ( now u see why not having a removable battery isn't a bad thing). When you have your phone blacklisted it cannot be used any ware in North america south America Europe or the Caribbean and some places in Africa, not sure how the law works in india but giving that BlackBerry uses one pin for a phone they can black list it any ware. So that way it cannot be used so it will unusable but if you may happen to get back the phone you can remove the blacklist from it as its your phone.

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    12-04-14 07:20 AM