Back in August I got my new BB Curve 8530. I had only two choices to pick from. The curve or Pearl Flip.

The 8530 had more memory and a track pad etc. I picked the better of the two phones.

A few days later US Cellular released the Bold 9650. I didn't think much about it because I was happy with the phone I got. Until I had a chance to see a real one in a corporate store.

I knew that the screen is slightly larger but what I noticed was the sharpness of pictures and words was a lot better.

When screens are described as NUMBER x NUMBER, is that a measurement of size or picture quality? I always thought size.

If I am correct, how is picture quality represented?

And what about screen size given in inches? Where does that info fit in?

I'm just a little confused on all the different terms used. Any explanations would be helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 11:08 AM
    numbers are PIXELS, same as for a computer monitor. pixels across, and then vertical pixel count.

inches are given for the DIAGONAL measurement of the screen.
    12-21-10 11:13 AM
    Generally the higher the numbers the better.
    12-21-10 11:16 AM
    The "number x number" is referring to the screens pixel count. Example: The Bold and Torch have the same resolution (just swapped around). 480x360 and 360x480. Because the Bold has the same pixel count on a smaller screen, that makes it appear sharper.
    12-21-10 11:18 AM
    I get it now. Thanks for the answers.

Your example was especially helpful Spiral_ouT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD